+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YS compressor question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Hmm YS compressor question

Does anyone know if the refrigerant gas is connected to the area were the slide valve cover is? Or can I just isolate the valves and recover what is in there? I want to inspect the slide valve. Was hoping not to recover the 800 # of gas again....YS DC DB S2 CJA

Post Likes
    Get your recovery equipment out. And be very careful if you plan to disassemble that piston assembly. You can literally cause damage to life and limb.

Post Likes
    I had a feeling you were going to say that. The slide valve is stuck at 95% for 18 hours now (with the unit in the off position). This is a problem that has been going on for over a year now and nobody here wants to tear into it to figure it out. It have never stayed this long without returning to near zero before. You said life or limb. Guess that means it's under spring pressure? lol If so I'm guessing that spring is either broken or weak.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steve36558 View Post
    I had a feeling you were going to say that. The slide valve is stuck at 95% for 18 hours now (with the unit in the off position). This is a problem that has been going on for over a year now and nobody here wants to tear into it to figure it out. It have never stayed this long without returning to near zero before. You said life or limb. Guess that means it's under spring pressure? lol If so I'm guessing that spring is either broken or weak.
    There are some "fixes" for a slide valve that won't return to >30%, however, I am unwilling to discuss them on this open forum. Apply for Pro status and take your questions in the Pro chiller forum and I'd be happy to throw out a couple of ideas.

Post Likes
    Well I sumitted to pro status, we'll see in a couple of days. In the mean time I am pulling out the gas, because if it has been failing for a while, now is the weather to try to fix it while we have 3 other chillers working and it gets hot here.

Post Likes
    You better run that thing and drive the slide valve to 0% manually before pulling the gas. Otherwise, you're going to tear into a valve with a completely loaded spring.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    You better run that thing and drive the slide valve to 0% manually before pulling the gas. Otherwise, you're going to tear into a valve with a completely loaded spring.
    Thats the best advise that I have read yet. Be safe !
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Well tried to unload while it was running and it wouldn't. It shut off on "water too cold" error and trying to start it @ 95% open slide, motor wasn't doing to good. After I get the gas out(so I don't wear as much oil...lol), I was going to drive it closed with pressure to see it would move. Worse case will be to use all thread to back off that end plate to release the spring pressure.
    Thank you for all your guys advice. Still waiting to be approved on the pro status. I've in here since 04...

York, nice car!

Post Likes
    Ok I started a forum in the pro section.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in