Thread: Hobart lx30H

Hobart lx30H

Well here is the issue. Will fill then heat turns on but we are unable to get the thing to drain. It will start to process that request you hear the motor humm then few moments later motor will shut down. I actually think it is the motor capacitor
    that is humming. The motor shaft turns freely by hand. The drain is not plugged. Today I am checking the hose to drain to make sure it is less then 17 inches from bottom of unit to top of drain pipe.

We pulled motor and pump together as one piece and have taken it in to be tested. If the motor is in fact bad Hobart says that I should replace pump and motor as one unit for the very low price of just $860.00. So any ideas on this drain thing?

Also will the onboard booster heater actually get water to 180? My building water heater has a direct line to machine and we set incoming water to 150.

Hope I can figure out how to get back to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by akmondroaster View Post
    ...you hear the motor humm then few moments later motor will shut down. I actually think it is the motor capacitor that is humming. The motor shaft turns freely by hand...
    I've never heard a capacitor "hum." Anyway, did you test the capacitor? That would've immediately told you whether it's bad without removing the whole motor assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by akmondroaster View Post
    ...Also will the onboard booster heater actually get water to 180? My building water heater has a direct line to machine and we set incoming water to 150.
    The machine is rated for a 40 rise (140 incoming minimum), so you're good. If incoming temp is expected to be less than that, then a modified wash time option is available to allow necessary recovery time for a 70 rise.

We had no way to test capacitor. Pulled motor and pump took to have tested. Piece of broken coffee cup was lodged between pump bearing and motor shaft causing motor to bind and burning capacitor. It was motor humming.

Final issue was the pump now works but kept filling and goo g to error codes e 5, 3,4 could not resolve so Hobart came. It was a low water pressure from well to bldg. I thought I was sunk. We finally tricked machine probes at right rear corner by tilting machine backwards so that high low water level probes got water before machine times out to error codes

By doing this it allows enough water in just a bit slower than normal and machine thinks all is well. Works fine now no error codes and water 184 on final rinse/