+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara Bacnet

Post Likes

Niagara Bacnet

Invalid Priority array index with a Priorty 6 command on a boolean writable point........What the hell........
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Invalid Priority array index with a Priorty 6 command on a boolean writable point........What the hell........
    American Auto-Matrix controller?

Post Likes
    JCI FEC2620 REV 5.3 and 3.6.47 J700 Sorry didnt think about that information..........
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Priority 6 is used for min/on and min/off times on a boolean writable point. I've seen a post on niagara-central about a certain AAM controller not accepting writes at priority level 6. Sorry, JCI is not my cup of tea.

Post Likes
    Thank you
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Yeah, those FEC's do some funny stuff with the points sometimes. Just because you have points exposed in CCT to Bacnet, doesn't always mean you can write to them even if you drag them into the tbox as writable like the occ/unocc/standby setpoints in the ZN-T Setpoint Determination block. You have to create new Network Inputs and connect them to the points you want to actually write to. It can be a real PITA sometimes especially if you have already written a whole bunch of caf files and then tweaked them or their setpoints in different units.

Post Likes
    If its a writable point that isnt connected to a network input, map it in as a relinquish default not its present value.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    Yeah, those FEC's do some funny stuff with the points sometimes. Just because you have points exposed in CCT to Bacnet, doesn't always mean you can write to them even if you drag them into the tbox as writable like the occ/unocc/standby setpoints in the ZN-T Setpoint Determination block. You have to create new Network Inputs and connect them to the points you want to actually write to. It can be a real PITA sometimes especially if you have already written a whole bunch of caf files and then tweaked them or their setpoints in different units.
    I did find out when dealing with those points in the ZNT setpoint determination block you can not connect them to the present value but the property id is actually 3113.
    Not just those either, any point in CCT that is exposed and is not connected to a network inout to change them...Setpoint miscellaneous column
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    It apperas that just as with the auto matrix described earlier that they will not accept priorty 6 commands so i went into the slot sheet and made priorty 6 disappear...
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    BTL certified devices are checked to ensure that they follow the BACnet standard. If a controller accepts a write at priority level 6, it will fail the BTL certification test.

Priority Application
    1 Manual-Life Safety
    2 Automatic-Life Safety
    3 Available
    4 Available
    5 Critical Equipment Control
    6 Minimum On/Off (Read only)
    7 Available
    8 Manual Operator
    9 Available
    10 Available
    11 Available
    12 Available
    13 Available
    14 Available
    15 Available
    16 Available

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    If its a writable point that isnt connected to a network input, map it in as a relinquish default not its present value.
    I learn something new every day. Thanks for that. You probably just saved me hours of my life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    I learn something new every day. Thanks for that. You probably just saved me hours of my life.
    No problem

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCiscoKid View Post
    BTL certified devices are checked to ensure that they follow the BACnet standard. If a controller accepts a write at priority level 6, it will fail the BTL certification test.

Priority Application
    1 Manual-Life Safety
    2 Automatic-Life Safety
    3 Available
    4 Available
    5 Critical Equipment Control
    6 Minimum On/Off (Read only)
    7 Available
    8 Manual Operator
    9 Available
    10 Available
    11 Available
    12 Available
    13 Available
    14 Available
    15 Available
    16 Available
    You the man Cisco.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in