+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should my pay be around?

Post Likes

what should my pay be around?

hey everyone im just wondering what my pay should be ive been working for this company for about a year now and i am an extremely hardworker and very reliable, always on time, and i never get sick. I have taken a wiring class on air conditioning and heating and also have my epa certification. and i can also braze very well i never have any leaks. im just looking for a ballpark of what i should be making, thanks

Post Likes
    i also have all my own tools including a multimeter

Post Likes
    What state do you work in? Wages differ depending on what part of the country you are in.

Post Likes
    I'm going to say less than you think lol

Post Likes
    And in all reality, the answer is whatever your employer thinks you are worth.

Post Likes
    How profitable are you? Can you be left alone to perform any task asked of you?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    And in all reality, the answer is whatever your employer thinks you are worth.
    X2

Post Likes
    what's your primary role? if install helper it should start around $14 with some experience. $12 with none. resi service tech I would start you at $15 if you're top of your class at trade school. multimeter and hand tools are basic in this trade and should not be considered as advantage...
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    I live in pa and I am primarily an install helper as of now

Post Likes
    Between $12-$14.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    In Northern Indiana. You will be around 10-12. If you have 2+ years experience it is 13-16. If you have 10+ years experience it is 13-16

Post Likes
    10 years plus at $13-16/Hr.?! The Union scale in S.B. is $29.95/Hr. A whole world of difference!!

Post Likes
    You should be getting paid around every Friday.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotlight View Post
    In Northern Indiana. You will be around 10-12. If you have 2+ years experience it is 13-16. If you have 10+ years experience it is 13-16
    Somethings wrong here
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac ap View Post
    hey everyone im just wondering what my pay should be ive been working for this company for about a year now and i am an extremely hardworker and very reliable, always on time, and i never get sick. I have taken a wiring class on air conditioning and heating and also have my epa certification. and i can also braze very well i never have any leaks. im just looking for a ballpark of what i should be making, thanks
    I think you're looking at it in the wrong way. You're thinking of it as "How much my boss should be paying me" rather that "How much am I worth to my boss," that's why the post here. You may be an extremely hard worker and such, but you need to prove yourself and make yourself indispensable. Don't wait around for your lead guys to tell you to do something and jump on it, predict what they are going to do next and depending on how far your experience goes a) have whatever that next thing is prepped and ready for them, or b) ask if you can do it. The helpers I've trained could have a brain, but as soon as they're done helping with the task at hand whip out their phone and start texting their girlfriend, that doesn't impress me. When I was a helper I found out that I needed to impress my co-workers rather than the boss, and they would then go to bat for me.

Post Likes
    I'm right on base with everyone else, 12-14 is the number I had in my head.

Post Likes
    As much as they are willing to pay you. Or as little as you are willing to take. It's all about worth and value if its a non union shop. If its a union shop its all about what dues rate you pay. 12-14 sounds about average for what you are doing, around here anyway.

Post Likes
    I'm currently being paid $12 an hour and I have been at this company for around a year and 8 months in eastern Pennsylvania I graduated top of my class in trade school an I am always on time and have been told I am higher up in the company then another employee who has been there almost 2 and a half years. I currently have not requested any benefits and I can pretty much handle any service/Installation tasks I have needed to do. Am I missing something here or is this the going rate for all smaller companies? We are not a fly by night operation. I would appreciate any input you might have.

Post Likes
    As far as my experience level I have installed 2 complete systems at my parents house working alone in about 4 days while at the time I only had about 7 months in the field (Included new plenums and return drops as well as all new wiring). Units sized based on load calculations and not by what was here already. Everything works flawlessly and was done to local and national codes. My argument is if I can do that completely and professionally from start to finish I should be compensated better then what I am.

Post Likes
    You're already getting paid more than anyone else willing to do your job for less.
    The best way to get a raise in this trade is to quit and go work for someone else who values you more than your current employer.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in