+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW DODGE RAM AND HVAC SERVICE

Post Likes

NEW DODGE RAM AND HVAC SERVICE

I like it, and, with the new3.5 V6 engine, the mileage is 25 MPG.
    I think would be perfect for service AC considering the gas price is increasing every day?
    what do you guys think about it ?

Post Likes
    Wouldn't own a dodge if it was the last truck on earth, IMO

Post Likes
    I have a 2000 dodge, was good to me when I drove it!
    Definitely a throw-away compared to the big boys of that same era. Not familiar with the new breed

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    They ( Dodge / RAM ) are bringing back a FULL SIZED van http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/r...-series-for-u/

Post Likes
    how do you plan to secure your tools

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    They ( Dodge / RAM ) are bringing back a FULL SIZED van http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/r...-series-for-u/
    That is one ugly front on that van.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    What is wrong with the automakers? This thing, the new full sized Ford, the Nissan NV.... Why can't they make a van that doesn't look so stupid? Guess we will continue to buy Chevy and GMC just for looks, if nothing else. I wouldn't put one of my guys in something that looked like that. It is embarrassing.

I looked at the new Dodge Pickups when I bought my current one. It rode great, I liked the integrated tool boxes in the bed rails, and the mileage seemed good (although it drops a lot with 4 wheel drive), but I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from the crappy Dodge that I bought new in the early 90's.

Post Likes
    Better buy your CHEVY or GMC van before the new 2014 REDESIGNED CHEVY EXPRESS is introduced later this year supposedly its jumping on the UGLY bandwagon as well..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    What is wrong with the automakers? This thing, the new full sized Ford, the Nissan NV.... Why can't they make a van that doesn't look so stupid? Guess we will continue to buy Chevy and GMC just for looks, if nothing else. I wouldn't put one of my guys in something that looked like that. It is embarrassing.

I looked at the new Dodge Pickups when I bought my current one. It rode great, I liked the integrated tool boxes in the bed rails, and the mileage seemed good (although it drops a lot with 4 wheel drive), but I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from the crappy Dodge that I bought new in the early 90's.
    Dodge is Chrysler, which is owned by FIAT, the italian automaker, so forget about the crappy cars of the 80's--90's.
    with all that famous fashion designers and architects at least the next cars should be very stylish, i know italians

Post Likes
    It is ugly but I like the three seats in the cab. It would make a nice place for a nap when there is a long wait between calls.

Post Likes
    3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine is probably gonna get torn up if you drive a lot and depending on how much weight you put in it. I'm not familiar with it, but I think any brand truck unless branded or made heavy duty/super duty or something along those lines regardless of engine size is gonna have a short life. If nothing else you'll tear the transmission out of it. I drove a Ford 6 cylinder for a while, engine did ok, but wore out transmission before 100K miles and did brakes too many times to even count anymore. It's has to be made to take abuse.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine is probably gonna get torn up if you drive a lot and depending on how much weight you put in it. I'm not familiar with it, but I think any brand truck unless branded or made heavy duty/super duty or something along those lines regardless of engine size is gonna have a short life. If nothing else you'll tear the transmission out of it. I drove a Ford 6 cylinder for a while, engine did ok, but wore out transmission before 100K miles and did brakes too many times to even count anymore. It's has to be made to take abuse.
    Well, the new Silverado will be here soon, and i bet will sport a 3.5 V6 too, with the high cost of gas the makers are trying to get better mileage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    you nailed it. Got to go with heavey duty if carring weight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    you nailed it. Got to go with heavey duty if carring weight.
    You guys are missing the point.
    I agree with you big load = big engine, although a van would be better (chevy, ford, nissan).
    But i said specifically for service where you don't need big engines, so a 3.5 is perfect.
    I believe you can save around $ 1000 or more in gas per year, considering 40.000 miles.

Post Likes
    So I've been looking at these Pro Master vans and trying to figure if it would be as good as a Freightliner with the Diesel. hard to say if the 3.6 will hold up or not with a fwd set up. I drive a 2500 extended express now with a 6.0 and i'm sure the loss of power will be missed.
    I honestly don't understand why you think a van set up as service would weight less. My truck is heavy as hell ,I think. At least I know I hit the bump stops on occasion.
    Has anyone tried these vans yet? Is there a true road tested gas millage with weight yet?

Post Likes
    I'll never own another Dodge.

Had a 94 with a V6 and it was junk.

1. Radio quit the first year.
    2. Sun visor clips both broke off.
    3. A/C knob fell off.
    4. Seat quit adjusting.
    5. Catalytic converter developed a LOUD rattle.
    6. Pitman arm wore out the second year.
    7. Tranny went out at 97k miles.
    8. New tranny started making noise at with 38k on it.
    9. Water pump failed at 60k.
    10. Alternator failed at 85k.
    11. Found 3 exhaust manifold bolts broken off at factory- developed an exhaust leak.
    12. V6 underpowered for the weight, this also caused tranny to shift too much.
    13. Engine started smoking at 140k. Valve stem leaks.
    14. Rough running engine at 120k. Tuneup did no good. Became harder to start.
    15. A/C switch quit working, then a/c developed a leak around 100k.
    16. Gas mileage- 15 at best.

I use Mobile1 oil in the engines, Amsoil ATF in the trannies at 20k do a full flush, use only 50/50 mix antifreeze and distilled water (Never tap water), wash the engine and use Armor-All on it and everything.

Bought a new 2002 Ford F150 w/work truck package and a 4.6L V8 to replace it.
    Never been in the shop. 180k miles and still runs perfect and as quiet as new.
    Tires last 65-80k miles.
    Gas mileage now is about 16-18. And I carry much much more weight.
    I like it so much- I don't want a new one.

Don't know about the new Dodges- maybe they fixed their shortcomings, but they look too big and bulky and the sides too high to put tool boxes on.

I want a work truck, not a sporty luxury family truck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    So I've been looking at these Pro Master vans and trying to figure if it would be as good as a Freightliner with the Diesel. hard to say if the 3.6 will hold up or not with a fwd set up. I drive a 2500 extended express now with a 6.0 and i'm sure the loss of power will be missed.
    I honestly don't understand why you think a van set up as service would weight less. My truck is heavy as hell ,I think. At least I know I hit the bump stops on occasion.
    Has anyone tried these vans yet? Is there a true road tested gas millage with weight yet?
    I have one of the older Express 3500 LWB vans... with a 5.7 engine. Thing is rough on gas, however it is solid like an old fashioned truck! Love it... and plan to drive the wheels off of it.

Not sure what these manufacturers have in mind... however if they want to sell work trucks and vans... they need to talk to the folks who drive them... rather than the accountants that cut costs on parts to build them.

If Chevy/GM re-designs the full size van and it is the heavy-duty work vehicle... while everyone else is trying to make a light duty full sized mini-van... well guess who is gonna OWN the market...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    That new dodge van is UGLY!! Don't buy one.

The future isn't what it use to be.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Those headlights on that Dodge van sit pretty high up. Bet people aren't going to like them shining right in their cars when your sitting behind them.

Post Likes
    That would help some see better after they race you to the RED LIGHT then sit playing with their GPS or TEXTING after the light turns GREEN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in