Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    NEW DODGE RAM AND HVAC SERVICE

    I like it, and, with the new3.5 V6 engine, the mileage is 25 MPG.
    I think would be perfect for service AC considering the gas price is increasing every day?
    what do you guys think about it ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    5,674
    Wouldn't own a dodge if it was the last truck on earth, IMO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Indiana
    Posts
    1,343
    I have a 2000 dodge, was good to me when I drove it!
    Definitely a throw-away compared to the big boys of that same era. Not familiar with the new breed

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,795
    They ( Dodge / RAM ) are bringing back a FULL SIZED van http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/r...-series-for-u/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    how do you plan to secure your tools

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    They ( Dodge / RAM ) are bringing back a FULL SIZED van http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/r...-series-for-u/
    That is one ugly front on that van.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

    The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

    Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Coastal Maine
    Posts
    774
    What is wrong with the automakers? This thing, the new full sized Ford, the Nissan NV.... Why can't they make a van that doesn't look so stupid? Guess we will continue to buy Chevy and GMC just for looks, if nothing else. I wouldn't put one of my guys in something that looked like that. It is embarrassing.

    I looked at the new Dodge Pickups when I bought my current one. It rode great, I liked the integrated tool boxes in the bed rails, and the mileage seemed good (although it drops a lot with 4 wheel drive), but I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from the crappy Dodge that I bought new in the early 90's.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,795
    Better buy your CHEVY or GMC van before the new 2014 REDESIGNED CHEVY EXPRESS is introduced later this year supposedly its jumping on the UGLY bandwagon as well..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    What is wrong with the automakers? This thing, the new full sized Ford, the Nissan NV.... Why can't they make a van that doesn't look so stupid? Guess we will continue to buy Chevy and GMC just for looks, if nothing else. I wouldn't put one of my guys in something that looked like that. It is embarrassing.

    I looked at the new Dodge Pickups when I bought my current one. It rode great, I liked the integrated tool boxes in the bed rails, and the mileage seemed good (although it drops a lot with 4 wheel drive), but I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from the crappy Dodge that I bought new in the early 90's.
    Dodge is Chrysler, which is owned by FIAT, the italian automaker, so forget about the crappy cars of the 80's--90's.
    with all that famous fashion designers and architects at least the next cars should be very stylish, i know italians

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati ohio
    Posts
    234
    It is ugly but I like the three seats in the cab. It would make a nice place for a nap when there is a long wait between calls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    3,411
    3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine is probably gonna get torn up if you drive a lot and depending on how much weight you put in it. I'm not familiar with it, but I think any brand truck unless branded or made heavy duty/super duty or something along those lines regardless of engine size is gonna have a short life. If nothing else you'll tear the transmission out of it. I drove a Ford 6 cylinder for a while, engine did ok, but wore out transmission before 100K miles and did brakes too many times to even count anymore. It's has to be made to take abuse.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine is probably gonna get torn up if you drive a lot and depending on how much weight you put in it. I'm not familiar with it, but I think any brand truck unless branded or made heavy duty/super duty or something along those lines regardless of engine size is gonna have a short life. If nothing else you'll tear the transmission out of it. I drove a Ford 6 cylinder for a while, engine did ok, but wore out transmission before 100K miles and did brakes too many times to even count anymore. It's has to be made to take abuse.
    Well, the new Silverado will be here soon, and i bet will sport a 3.5 V6 too, with the high cost of gas the makers are trying to get better mileage.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine is probably gonna get torn up if you drive a lot and depending on how much weight you put in it. I'm not familiar with it, but I think any brand truck unless branded or made heavy duty/super duty or something along those lines regardless of engine size is gonna have a short life. If nothing else you'll tear the transmission out of it. I drove a Ford 6 cylinder for a while, engine did ok, but wore out transmission before 100K miles and did brakes too many times to even count anymore. It's has to be made to take abuse.
    you nailed it. Got to go with heavey duty if carring weight.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event