+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volume Damper Design

Post Likes

Confused Volume Damper Design

Hello people;

first, i have spent some time trying to figure out which forum to post my question at, and i hope this is correct. Please remove it in case i was wrong. i hate breaking the rules

Well, i'm working on a project of manufacturing an in-house volume control dampers, i'm working on the design now and it's almost done.

However, i'm still stuck at some points without any answers:

1- how to decide proper number of blades ? (in case of having diffrent widths, e.g.: either 5 blades of 4" or 4 blades of 5")

2- how to decide where to place the extended shaft or the manual handle, top balde or center or bottom ? based on what.

Thanx in advanced guys.

Post Likes
    You should probably go to an engineering forum. Try http://www.eng-tips.com I'd go the route of the least blades in the airflow and for the handle mounting location, I have seen them positioned in the middle and top or bottom. I doesn't really make a difference to me

Post Likes
    Thanx Vinster, i'll give it a shot.

Post Likes
    Another option is www.physicsforums.com. They have a Mechanical Engineering section in there.

Simpler is better. Do use all a favor and keep in the back of your mind, the poor technician that will one day have to replace the actuator or the connecting rod.

Good Luck

Post Likes
    cool website , meplumber !

thanx again

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in