Hybrid View

chasing duct work blockage

I work in a hospital, a few days ago we had a interesting coincidence we had to test a fire door later in the day we had a comlaint of no cooling in some areas. we found we were not getting air past a certian area so we started looking at smoke and fire dampers and fornd the a airline blown off a air actuator. Now my question is there a better way look for a blockage or do you do the same thing we had to do just start moving celing tile and chasing the duct work?

Thread relocated to "Tech to Tech"

thanks chris I realised afterwords I posted in the wrong place

With Pneumatic there is little you can do but to trace out the lines to find the failure with a BAS system with the appropriate points you can find the location through point failures or duct pressure readings if this is monitored or temp sensor monitors. Also if it is a hybrid system you may be able to use the BAS to pinpoint the point of failure.

I measure duct static pressure with a manometer every 20 ft or so until a general section is located with a restriction. Then I remove ceiling grids to check for dampers/ actuators in that vicinity.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are