Life Proof Cases

Life Proof Cases

They are supposed to be waterproof for an iPad. They don't even come close, they aren't even splash proof. Two of the corners seem to be miss-formed on the left side and won't snap closed. I tried to take this very expensive case back to Best Buy, and they told me they no longer sell them despite having many on the shelf and referred me to the manufacture. So far they are refusing to exchange it or give me a refund. So I'll post the LifeProof case problems on as many Forums as I can.

Did u register your case. I shower with my phone and listen to music and lounge in the pool too. If your device is damaged with case on they offer full replacement. I know tons of people with lifeproof case and they work flawlessly. Did you water test your case before use. Or are you just seeing cracks and assuming it won't work. As long as the seal is made by gasket your good.

I can't register the case because there is no serial number on the back part of the case, and I told them that. There's a sticky place that I'm assuming is where the number was. I told them this, and they weren't helpful even though I have all the other numbers. The case is definitely warped and was so out of the box, so it never would seal. I had to go out of town the next day so I didn't go back to the store till six days later.

So even with recipet they didn't take exchange. I would make a big stink and ask for a manager. Wherever you buy a lifeproof case they are suppose to water test before sale. It's a great case It's to bad you had that problem. I bought mine cuse my 1 year old son likes to throw phones in the toilet.

I called Corporate, they overnighted a new unopened LifeProof case to the store and exchanged it. I did another test at the bottom of a 60 gallon barrel with the test piece in place, with no leaks in 24 hours. Also I pressured and pulled a vacuum on the case with a hand pump, with no leaks detected. I'm happy with the case now, but was pretty upset when I saw condensate inside the case, next to my iPad. Also my iPad has a Zagg screen protector on it. While the iPad was inside the case, I measured and cut the screen protector so it would fit without being under the seals. You need to turn the screen protector upside down and cut it so the hole is half-moon shaped to go around the camera lens. Also you need to cut an equal amount off of both sides to center the opening over the camera lens. The curve at the bottom is a little trickery. I used something that matched that curve and cut it with a brand new exacto knife.