+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nate studying

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

nate studying

Hi i have been working for my company for ten years now and for the past 7-8 years as a service tech/ installer. I am about to take my first nate exam next month and do not know what to expect. I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion on what books or study guides would be good to read to prepare for the core and gas heating test. My company already bought me a exam review that just consists of review questions. but would like something more then just questions to answer.

Post Likes
    RSES has a great study guide.

http://www.rses.org

Check it out!

Post Likes
    there's a fairly lengthy thread about that subject on this site. try the search feature and you should find the thread. Good luck on your testing.

Post Likes
    The KATE book is what I used to review for my tests. However once I took the tests, I realized that it contained nothing pertinent to what was on the test. A lot of it is field related questions, and basic knowledge of service and install. The core I found to be more difficult than the specialities. The core contains more of the safety and mechanical codes. So I would suggest studying up on the mechanical code book. The rest you should do fine on if you've been doing service for 7-8 years. I feel that there is a lot of hype behind how hard the NATE test is. My instructor told us to go through the test and answer the ones we knew for sure, then go back and work on the ones we didn't. I found that some of the later questions helped answer the ones before that I didn't know. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Post Likes
    I'll be taking mine this week. Good luck on your test.

Post Likes
    Just a question, Why do you feel the need to study up on something you work with every day? Just askin'.

Post Likes
    Just another tool in the toolbox.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in