Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    That's just messed up. The bulletins talk about how plugged heat exchangers are failed heat exchangers and need to be replaced. I can only suggest you go to the top person at your distributor, and after that you might have to start some trouble at Bryant corporate.
    Here's the Bulletin, for reference.

DSB09-22_3_.pdf

I was going to post that, but this is an open forum, and should really not be posted for the public to see.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I was going to post that, but this is an open forum, and should really not be posted for the public to see.
    I guess the mods can remove it if they feel inclined, I can't delete it myself. I didn't realize that this thread was in an open forum when I posted.

Me neither

Originally Posted by Tecman1
    Sometimes discussions on here are a matter of opinion this one is not the ANSI Z21.47 standard for gas-fired central furnaces allows up to 400 ppm of CO in the vent. This is the maximum allowable CO and should be in the 100 ppm range as mentioned on a previous thread. Even if your area does not have applicable code I would not want to be in court defending myself after someone expired due to CO above the ANSI level.

I think some have mistaken the message. If a Tech. does not cover themselves by getting in writing from the customer acknowlegement of the danger and a release from liability along with the reccommendation that the unit be disabled it would be potentially a very difficult to defend yourself if something bad happens. Where we are located in the code if there is a heat exchanger failure there is the requirement that the heat exchanger be repaired by a certified person or replaced within a 30 day period. The tech. must notify the customer of the issue in writing at the time the problem is identified. For CO there is no similar code but I personally follow the same principle of written customer notification it just makes business sense.

Well I went in to work and told my boss and co worker that I will never do that again. The customer is buying a new furnace from us but last night around midnight they called me and said there furnace wasn't working and I told them there is nothnig else I could do that it was already a danger with the high CO levels in the vent. I don't think she was happy but I told her it was for her and her families safety.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234