Hmm Mini split drain freeze

I have installed a Daikin RXS12LVJO mini split, and I am having trouble with the outdoor drain pan freezing.
    The drain hole freezes and ice builds up in the bottom pan,putting pressure on the coil. This causes a vibration in the system that makes a very loud noise and actually makes the house vibrate. (unit is mounted on wall brackets).
    The first time it happened I cleared the ice away and checked the unit for level. I discovered that it was slightly tipped forward,so I levelled it to keep the water in the drain pan. That lasted about a week and now the pan is frozen again.
    I called Daikin and they suggested that they thought there was a drain pan heater available for this. I am checking into that now but can't help feeling that there should be a better solution.The idea of these units is to reduce energy costs and they want me to install an electric heater outdoors? These units are designed to work in sub zero climates and they don't all come with drain pan heaters(or do they? I am only familiar with Daiklin). Does this mean they are all freezing up?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Leigh

Not sure if Daikin but of Mitsubishis I have installed,,, set unit on 6" pump ups and add pan heater. The pan heater has a thermostat so it is only operable below freezing. It is what it is. They do not ship them with the unit which is terrible, I wonder if it is a numbers game as it certainly would bring the eer down.

Heat tape across bottom of pan in ziz zag pattern, local hardware store.

Thanks GeeMikee for your input. Your idea certainly seems like the cheapest way out.I am trying to avoid using a heater if I can so I can keep my EER down.
    FYI: what I have done so far is install a 2" piece of styrofoam to the outside bottom of the pan, to help retain some defrost heat a little longer. I worked fine for a few weeks until we had quick thaw and re freeze. After that I had some ice in the pan so I drilled 3 extra drain holdes in the base, where the water was sitting. It has been about 3 weeks now and so far so good.