Automated Logic Integration

I'm looking to integrate some Automated Logic controllers (ZN551, ZN253, SE6104 to name a few) into another front end.

After i establish communications with the controller, i'm able to see a number of points, but not comtrol points such as space temperature setpoint, or discharge air temp setpoint. do these points have to be opened up to allow a communicated value on the ALC controllers?

Until recently the zone temp set points were not writable BACnet points.
    This recession won't be over until we raise a generation that knows how to live on what they’ve got.

The discharge air Setpoint being writable depend on how the dealer wrote the program as all programming is customizable. And you have to make sure that the ALC BACnet points are set for remote communication.
    This recession won't be over until we raise a generation that knows how to live on what they’ve got.

Quote Originally Posted by The_USC_2001 View Post
    The discharge air Setpoint being writable depend on how the dealer wrote the program as all programming is customizable. And you have to make sure that the ALC BACnet points are set for remote communication.
    Yeah, if they're not setup as being network visible in their properties, you won't be able to see them.

The BACnet setpoints showed up with 6.0 and the ZS sensors.

If there's a WebCTRL system onsite, you can get into the point details and check the network visible box, and then you should be able to discover them. Other than the setpoints like USC said.

Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    Yeah, if they're not setup as being network visible in their properties, you won't be able to see them.

The BACnet setpoints showed up with 6.0 and the ZS sensors.

If there's a WebCTRL system onsite, you can get into the point details and check the network visible box, and then you should be able to discover them. Other than the setpoints like USC said.

If i had WebCTRL6.0 and a USB link kit could i make points visible on the controller itself? or is this a system level function?

Quote Originally Posted by camacho View Post
    If i had WebCTRL6.0 and a USB link kit could i make points visible on the controller itself? or is this a system level function?
    You would have to have a copy of the user files made for that customer to connect up with controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by The_USC_2001 View Post
    You would have to have a copy of the user files made for that customer to connect up with controllers.
    So going through the WebCTRL System is the easiest route.

Thanks guys for the help. I'll be tackling this next week

Quote Originally Posted by camacho View Post
    So going through the WebCTRL System is the easiest route.

Thanks guys for the help. I'll be tackling this next week
    I'm not sure how exactly how you go about it, but with WebCTRL 6, the option was there to download source files, which put the graphic and program into the controller, so there must be some way to upload the files from the controller.
    Maybe if you install WebCTRL on your laptop, make up a system in sitebuilder and then connect to the controller via local access you could upload the program. Similar to what i-Vu does when you startup a system.

But yes, it would be easiest on the WebCTRL system already in place, if they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly how you go about it, but with WebCTRL 6, the option was there to download source files, which put the graphic and program into the controller, so there must be some way to upload the files from the controller.
    Maybe if you install WebCTRL on your laptop, make up a system in sitebuilder and then connect to the controller via local access you could upload the program. Similar to what i-Vu does when you startup a system.

But yes, it would be easiest on the WebCTRL system already in place, if they have one.
    We seldom ever download source files. Takes up to much memory in the module. And add more time to the download.

And with ALC you use the field service tool to suck programs out of modules assuming they were downloaded in the first place.

Some of the OEM's don't even download source files for the same reason.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own