Thread: Lennox HP26

Lennox HP26

Pressures good in A/C mode.Trips on HPS in heat mode.Bad RV or TXV in condensing unit?Not sure how to test.Please help.

I would take a look at indoor TXV make sure it's a bi flow. I had one were they ordered and installed a non bi-flow and had same problem cuz discharge from compressor was beeing blocked at indoor TXV. If the part # on indoor TXV checks out to be bi-flow then check outdoor TXV by placing bulb in hot water wich will open valve reduce liquid pressure and increase true suction press. If that doesn't show any results try the same thing inside. Of corse while inside also check for clean coil and filter. Good luck would like to see what you end up finding

Quote Originally Posted by Jkb79 View Post
    I would take a look at indoor TXV make sure it's a bi flow. I had one were they ordered and installed a non bi-flow and had same problem cuz discharge from compressor was beeing blocked at indoor TXV. If the part # on indoor TXV checks out to be bi-flow then check outdoor TXV by placing bulb in hot water wich will open valve reduce liquid pressure and increase true suction press. If that doesn't show any results try the same thing inside. Of corse while inside also check for clean coil and filter. Good luck would like to see what you end up finding
    You have 15 posts and should apply for pro membership.

Be wary of giving out technical info in the open forums, this is one of them. DIY is not allowed on the site, this could be a home owner.

Quote Originally Posted by cculver View Post
    Pressures good in A/C mode.Trips on HPS in heat mode.Bad RV or TXV in condensing unit?Not sure how to test.Please help.
    Two questions:
    Are you a licensed, professional HVAC mechanic?
    Have you checked your filter?

Sorry Mason. I'm new to the forum thing didn't realize DIYs were on here. Applying now thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkb79 View Post
    Sorry Mason. I'm new to the forum thing didn't realize DIYs were on here. Applying now thanks.
    A lot of new members make the same mistake, eager to help out and share information.

When you look at the forums there is an open area and a locked area. Once you have been approved by the committee you will have access to the locked forums, these are the forums where in depth technical help is exchanged from one pro to another. This(locked pro forums) is also the area of the site that is priceless, you can easily learn more there than most anywhere else you have received training, don't be scared to ask questions.

You also have to be approved to post in the AOP(ask our pros) forum. This area is for home owners to ask for advice and opinions from pro members. Be careful about reading what forum you are in because if you post repeatedly in this area(AOP) with out approval you get a "timeout".