Hmm

If anybody can shed allittile light on things for me i would be ever grateful! I recently replaced a high limit switch on my neighbors furnace, it seemed too fix the problem. Now his furnace runs...flame goes out....then, before the blower shuts down the flame kicks back on! All the while the stat is in a call for heat, it's 70 degrees in the house and i have the stat set at 71, I'm just wondering if this is a characteristic of this furnace or if there is something else wrong? Its a ARMSTRONG 80% high effeceincey furnace. In a nut shell I am just curious if the flame is supposed to kick on and shut off before the stat is satisfied to save on gas usage?
    Thanks in advance.......Testytech

did you replace the exact same limit.
    they all have different settings .

I'm curious as to why you replaced the limit in the first place? wpg is most likely headed in the right direction in regards to temp rating, but normally something causes a limit to fail. If you just replaced the limit, all you're doing is prolonging the problem and potentially shortening the life of the furnace.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

80% is low efficiency.

Hey Doc.

You thinkin lack of air flow?

You NEVER just replace the high limit switch without finding out why it triped. Your high limit is the last saftey you have before your house burns down. It is possible that the switch was faulty when made, but they heater should be gone through just to make sure.

As far as why the burner turns on and off, could be the pressure switch is fluttering or your flame sensor is failing.

NEVER replace the high limit switch without finding out why it failed.

As far as your problem, it could be several things. Your air pressure switch could be failing and fluttering causeing it to turn on and off. Your flame sensor could be failing, which would make it turn on and off. Your thermostat could even be failing. I ran across a bad thermostat last week that did the same thing. It would get close to the set point and the digital thermostat was opening and closing it's on-board relay.

OR maybe that new limit is opening...lol