No assault rifle used in Sandy Hook school shooting - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    I have a little 410 shotgun which I believe is called a snake charmer. It is a single shot with additional shells in the stock. I am guessing since it has a hand grip, short barrel and short stock that it may be considered an assault gun?
    I looked at a pic of a snake charmer and it looks like they have a thumbhole stock.....with a thumbhole big enough to drive a mack truck through....lol

They would probably grab that one too..... under the one feature rule.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

I say most criminals ditch their guns because they usually do..... When you shoot someone ....or murder someone.... you want to get rid of the weapon because it ties you to the murder if the cops catch you with the gun.

Not saying all criminals do this..... but a large percentage of them do....

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I say most criminals ditch their guns because they usually do..... When you shoot someone ....or murder someone.... you want to get rid of the weapon because it ties you to the murder if the cops catch you with the gun.

Not saying all criminals do this..... but a large percentage of them do....
    You have not proven your point on this. Again show us that they ditch their guns. I would love to see a federal stat in that. You can stay walled up in your house during the new revolution and hope you survive without a firearm. You think that Germany can't happen here I guess we will see. But I will have a fighting chance. You sir will be brought to your races camp and slowly exterminated. Then you will be begging us so called gun nuts to come and save you. You are not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

What revolution ??? any revolution by americans is going to be fought on the net...... If the government was to start collecting guns tomorrow people would be handing them over..... they wouldnt like it.....but I dont many people who are stupid enough to actually try and fight the government....by shooting at them.

Qwerty.... I collected guns for a lot of years...... military type weapons and older sporting guns.....with a splattering of modern gun tossed into the mix....

I dont hide in my home...... Im just not a scared little girl who is afraid to go out without packing a pistol.....

I keep a loaded pistol in the bedroom...in a locked filing cabinet that I can rip open in about 2 seconds...probably quicker than I can use the key....... If zombies or aliens attack....I have a machinegun in the chest of drawers..... although I just keep a 20 round mag with it and Im not even sure how many cartridges are in the mag.... But I have a footlocker full of 20 and 30 round mags and stripper clipped 5.56 in addition to other cartridges and some other guns.

Of course thats just coming out if we get home invaded by aliens or zombies...... two things I dont believe in.....but Id bet my next paycheck that you do.........lol

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    What revolution ??? any revolution by americans is going to be fought on the net...... If the government was to start collecting guns tomorrow people would be handing them over..... they wouldnt like it.....but I dont many people who are stupid enough to actually try and fight the government....by shooting at them.

Qwerty.... I collected guns for a lot of years...... military type weapons and older sporting guns.....with a splattering of modern gun tossed into the mix....

I dont hide in my home...... Im just not a scared little girl who is afraid to go out without packing a pistol.....

I keep a loaded pistol in the bedroom...in a locked filing cabinet that I can rip open in about 2 seconds...probably quicker than I can use the key....... If zombies or aliens attack....I have a machinegun in the chest of drawers..... although I just keep a 20 round mag with it and Im not even sure how many cartridges are in the mag.... But I have a footlocker full of 20 and 30 round mags and stripper clipped 5.56 in addition to other cartridges and some other guns.

Of course thats just coming out if we get home invaded by aliens or zombies...... two things I dont believe in.....but Id bet my next paycheck that you do.........lol
    Reminds me of a friend of mine. 40-60 firearms, loaded magazines n every corner of the house, only one small gun safe for all this, a full ghillie suit with gas mask and night vision goggles, two backpacks full of survival gear, all in case the zombies came.

I'm sure he had more than I knew about, but his addiction to buying survival gear became so bad that you could not even open the front door because boxes of fire starters and water purification kits were piled three feet high.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the way he lived, people have to live their own lives....but many of these people are sick and need help.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    I put on my readers and used a magnifier. At around :11 to :19 you can see the officer resting the butt of the gun against his leg and you see what clearly looks to be a sizable clip style magazine as he flips the weapon to it's side - and then rests the magazine against his thigh. Also, the hand guard extends pretty far towards the tip of the barrel. The over all length of the weapon seems quite short.

I'm no gun expert, but that does not appear to be a scatter gun.

Watch the slow motion link.
    I watched this thing about a dozen times. There is no magazine removed from the firearm. I have a feeling the officer handling the firearm doesn't handle firearms very often. He holds the weapon with his right hand and works the bolt with his left, really? who does that. It looks to me like ONE fairly large round is ejected from the firearm. As the officer looks over the weapon, by turning it over, back and forth. It looks to me like a Belgium Browning 12ga Semi-auto shotgun, from the "hump" at the back of the action

But until someone releases a report of exactly what that is, all we can do is argue about what WE THINK it is.

I can tell you without a doubt, that is definitely NOT an AR or AK style modern sporting rifle
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I have a little 410 shotgun which I believe is called a snake charmer. It is a single shot with additional shells in the stock. I am guessing since it has a hand grip, short barrel and short stock that it may be considered an assault gun?
    I believe that is correct... and
    I believe you have seen through one of the 'tricks' the anti-gun crowd thought they would pull.

Good going!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Reminds me of a friend of mine. 40-60 firearms, loaded magazines n every corner of the house, only one small gun safe for all this, a full ghillie suit with gas mask and night vision goggles, two backpacks full of survival gear, all in case the zombies came.

I'm sure he had more than I knew about, but his addiction to buying survival gear became so bad that you could not even open the front door because boxes of fire starters and water purification kits were piled three feet high.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the way he lived, people have to live their own lives....but many of these people are sick and need help.
    Who says any of us have the right to judge others...

The guy has a right to his life as long as his life does not cross your life.

The real danger is in folks thinking they can run others lives... what kind of world will that be?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Well if you have friends like that.....

"You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

They have a couple of those doomsday prepper stores around here..... One thing that sells like hotcakes is those meals that come with the water and chemical you dump in the water to cook the food packet....or heat the food packet.... Those meals sell for 6-7 dollars each and people keep the store bought out..... and they only last 2-3 years....

Id use a little common sense and put away food that I could either rotate....using some of it now to eat and replenishing the stored stocks....or invest in foods that are going to last more than 2-3 years.

I see folks sinking a lot of cash into this prepper stuff.... guess you can consider it their hobby now.....

If I was going to doomsday it.... Id buy some mountain land....cause its cheap.....and out in the boonies.... build a sturdy block house on it....and dig a well.... then furnish it and stock it with things that will last for some time.....or can be rotated out of stock and replenished.

Id have a couple of reliable guns in common calibers....common guns too..... nothing fancy... and Id stockpile some ammo. Id also get out into the woods and live in that home on weekends or something.....practice hunting my own food....living like a rat in that hovel..... really spend some time out there getting used to it....

Half the people I see out there prepping it right now wouldnt survive a week without the internet...cell phone...packaged food.....and the modern convieniencies of modern living.

Half these folks would starve rather than skin a rabbit or squirrel..... and I cant imagine what they would be like facing meals that didnt come across a counter or from a grocery store.

We are never going to see this..... at least none of the generations living today...... so I guess its just a big game to these folks....

Buy gold and guns and prepackaged foods that cook themselves........yea right.... Guess you could use that gold for fishing sinkers.... guns to sneak into town and rob others of their food.....

Chickens.... build your shack in the mountains and start raising chickens there.... you get free eggs and you can practice killing and butchering the chickens till you develop a stomach for it....

He actually said that

uuum not according to the NYS "SAFE ACT". If it has a detachable magazine that holds more than 7 rounds and has a grip that protrudes below the action or has anyone of the following accoutrements, Flash suppressor/bayonet lugs/folding stock/compensator, THEN you have an assault rifle.

Single shot rifles, without a detachable magazine or have a built in tubular magazine are considered a hunting/recreational firearms and are legal in NYS and you don't have to register those......YET!!!!

Your little 410 is OK for now
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

So.....what about rifles like my 1960's Remington .22 cal. that does not have a magazine but instead a feeder tube (for lack of better term) that is affixed to the bottom of the barrel? I've never counted how many rounds it takes, probably 15-20. It's pump action like a shotgun and makes a great squirrel gun. Would I be breaking NY law if I put more than 7 rounds in it.....it's not a magazine...or clip like the ignorant like to call it.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast