Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    So.....what about rifles like my 1960's Remington .22 cal. that does not have a magazine but instead a feeder tube (for lack of better term) that is affixed to the bottom of the barrel? I've never counted how many rounds it takes, probably 15-20. It's pump action like a shotgun and makes a great squirrel gun. Would I be breaking NY law if I put more than 7 rounds in it.....it's not a magazine...or clip like the ignorant like to call it.
    Jmac knows the NYS law better than I do... however since it does not have a detachable magazine holding more than the so called magic number of safety (however that is supposed to protect folks from anything other than bad feelings has not been explained by the kings of spin)... then you probably are fine.. UNLESS

You p*ss off a polecat... in which case they will spin the facts to take you down. Just the way polecats operate. What amazes me: We give them this power voluntarily... when the Constitution says we can take it back if we choose... you remember all that 'We the People' stuff...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    So.....what about rifles like my 1960's Remington .22 cal. that does not have a magazine but instead a feeder tube (for lack of better term) that is affixed to the bottom of the barrel? I've never counted how many rounds it takes, probably 15-20. It's pump action like a shotgun and makes a great squirrel gun. Would I be breaking NY law if I put more than 7 rounds in it.....it's not a magazine...or clip like the ignorant like to call it.
    welcome to the state of confusion I believe that the NY SAFE act exempts .22cal tubular type rifles.

Here is the text of Penal code 265.20

The law is amended by adding a new subdivision *e* to read as follows:

265.23 (e) "Large capacity ammunition feeding devices" means a magazine, belt,drum, feed strip , or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided however, THAT SUCH TERM DOES NOT INCLUDE AN ATTACHED TUBULAR DEVICE DESIGNED TO ACCEPT, AND CAPABLE OF OPERATING ONLY WITH, .22 CALIBER RIMFIRE AMMUNITION.

so I guess you're good-to-go?

On the bright side, it's being reported that people who own assault rifles are now challenging the state to come take them by boycotting the law. things are about to get real interesting around here.

Let the games begin
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Reminds me of a friend of mine. 40-60 firearms, loaded magazines n every corner of the house, only one small gun safe for all this, a full ghillie suit with gas mask and night vision goggles, two backpacks full of survival gear, all in case the zombies came.

I'm sure he had more than I knew about, but his addiction to buying survival gear became so bad that you could not even open the front door because boxes of fire starters and water purification kits were piled three feet high.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the way he lived, people have to live their own lives....but many of these people are sick and need help.
    you mean THIS GUY;
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Last four letters

any questions

From The State Of Connecticut DESPP Web Site

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226

** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
    INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

Content Last Modified on 1/18/2013 3:00:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    welcome to the state of confusion I believe that the NY SAFE act exempts .22cal tubular type rifles.

265.23 (e) "Large capacity ammunition feeding devices" means a magazine, belt,drum, feed strip , or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided however, THAT SUCH TERM DOES NOT INCLUDE AN ATTACHED TUBULAR DEVICE DESIGNED TO ACCEPT, AND CAPABLE OF OPERATING ONLY WITH, .22 CALIBER RIMFIRE AMMUNITION.

On the bright side, it's being reported that people who own assault rifles are now challenging the state to come take them by boycotting the law. things are about to get real interesting around here.

Let the games begin
    So do you guys have the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation-- www.SAF.org) involved yet... IMO they should be there guiding (legal advise) the steps to start the legal course going... Better to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed properly so litigation can move swiftly to send the message: The Constitution supercedes ANY AND ALL polecats... NO exceptions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So do you guys have the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation-- www.SAF.org) involved yet... IMO they should be there guiding (legal advise) the steps to start the legal course going... Better to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed properly so litigation can move swiftly to send the message: The Constitution supercedes ANY AND ALL polecats... NO exceptions.
    yes, as I understand it the SAF is now looking at the law and should have a legal argument within the next week or so. The NRA is also looking at this as well as SCOPE and the NYSRPA

The reason this is taking so long is, quite frankly, everyone was at the SHOT show
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226

** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
    INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

Content Last Modified on 1/18/2013 3:00:40 PM
    I'm kind of suspicious of the Glock 10mm. the G20 is a fairly rare and powerful hand gun with a reputation for a substantial recoil. Thats why the FBI doesn't use it. They "dumbed it down" to a *10mm short* or 40cal. ...and thats how the 40 cal. S&W came into being.

so Im going to give them the benefit-of-the-doubt and say they are talking about the G22 in 40cal.

The Canta-12 is also kind of a rare firearm, you don't see them very often
    The Last four letters

any questions

you mean THIS GUY;
    Not nearly enough ammunition shown there. Perhaps he has another similar safe filled with nothing but ammo.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Let the games begin
    Boy that's great news that my 22 is okay....I was really sweating BB's there for a while....did not want to sweat bullets because I need them for the squirrels.

All gun owners across the land should be sending support your way, even if it's a dollar or two, because if you guy's loose it will spread like cancer....an aggressive fatal cancer.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

That saiga is a POS...... so many better choices in america... might not have the box mag...... but loading a tube mag isnt that hard.... and again.... for home defense.....even 5 12 gauge shells should be more than enough to stop an intruder or two.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    That saiga is a POS...... so many better choices in america... might not have the box mag...... but loading a tube mag isnt that hard.... and again.... for home defense.....even 5 12 gauge shells should be more than enough to stop an intruder or two.

the Saiga is desirable for competition shooting and three gun shoots.

Nothing beats a pump for reliability
    The Last four letters

any questions

yes, as I understand it the SAF is now looking at the law and should have a legal argument within the next week or so. The NRA is also looking at this as well as SCOPE and the NYSRPA

The reason this is taking so long is, quite frankly, everyone was at the SHOT show
    Might post some specs as to how HUGE the shot show is... Folks would be AMAZED at how much commerce that gathering represents.

Hint: It is one of the ten largest trades shows in the USA...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Might post some specs as to how HUGE the shot show is... Folks would be AMAZED at how much commerce that gathering represents.

Hint: It is one of the ten largest trades shows in the USA...
    thats one reason there will be severe economic problems if NObama bans or attempts to ban Modern Sporting rifles. We are talking about putting millions of people out of work.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast