Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    edit
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    There is a video shot from above that clearly shows an leo clearing a rifle of projectiles, and it NOT a shotgun.

Roy

As jmac00 has already pointed out, it is NOT an AR due to the location of the bolt/charging handle that the officers were using, a detail that I missed.

It showed clearing a gun of cartridges. Unless you've seen better video than I have. It was impossible to determine if they were metallic cartridges indicating a rifle or shotgun shells.

Thanks for the link. The original story posted here said it was an AR style rifle trying to lead people to think he didn't have a rifle on his person. Something might not be quite right about the reports but it is quite a jump to suppose - based on this video - that he only had handguns in the school.

Still doesnt matter........ we need to disarm people......not just take a certain kind of gun......

If we just take the assault rifles and leave the shotguns and pistols then the maniacs will just use pistols and shotguns....

What part of dismarmed dont you people get....???
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Still doesnt matter........ we need to disarm people......not just take a certain kind of gun......

If we just take the assault rifles and leave the shotguns and pistols then the maniacs will just use pistols and shotguns....

"The security and balance of a free government requires the disarming of all private citizens of any scary weapons"

My proposed new amendment to the constitution.

Obama will love it.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I put on my readers and used a magnifier. At around :11 to :19 you can see the officer resting the butt of the gun against his leg and you see what clearly looks to be a sizable clip style magazine as he flips the weapon to it's side - and then rests the magazine against his thigh. Also, the hand guard extends pretty far towards the tip of the barrel. The over all length of the weapon seems quite short.

I'm no gun expert, but that does not appear to be a scatter gun.

Watch the slow motion link.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Corny is just being corny... not his namesake... the intellect he posts (no reference to his true intellect).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    I put on my readers and used a magnifier. At around :11 to :19 you can see the officer resting the butt of the gun against his leg and you see what clearly looks to be a sizable clip style magazine as he flips the weapon to it's side - and then rests the magazine against his thigh. Also, the hand guard extends pretty far towards the tip of the barrel. The over all length of the weapon seems quite short.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga-12

Magazine fed shotgun patterned on the AK platform

Might have to grab me one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

Its a shotgun or rifle..... with a pistol grip stock. When he cycles the action he clearly has his working hand between the pistol grip and the end of the barrel.

You can also see one of those wrap around buttstock things for holding shotgun shells.......and of course it looks like a shotgun shell hitting the trunk.

Might not be a shotgun but its not a bushmaster ar-15 clone.

Just my $0.10. Anyone that thinks we can magically disarm citizens and the bad guys won't find a way to get a gun is foolish. Short of switching to living in a military state with armed patrols everywhere, it won't happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motoguy.... Logic should tell you that as the supply of guns in the hands of honest hardworking citizens and other members of the public dries up that the supply of guns to criminals will eventually dry up also.

Criminals usually ditch their guns in a river or lake or sewer when done so they dont get caught with a murder weapon...... and the only way they have to replinish their gun supply is to steal them or buy them from people who legally possess them.

Its not a perfect solution but its better than having a bunch of untrained armed cowboys like george zimmerman and that guy who shot the kids for playing their music too loud.....or that old guy in georgia who shot that old woman at a gas station cause her car hit his wheelchair.....or that guy who shot his niece cause he thought she was a skunk....( He was sober and not on drugs).....

I could just go on and on with all the deaths caused by people in possession of guns....law abiding good hardworking people.... but they just cant get proper gun use or gun safety wrapped around their noggin.

Disarm....for the children if for nobody else. Americans today are not the americans of yesteryear...... too spoiled...too damn stupid......too damn immature..... Americans dont deserve to be able to carry a gun to defend themselves.

Get a hatchet or move to a safe neighborhood...... Learn Kung Fu...... do something that takes a little more effort than pulling out a gun when you are scared and wasting the nearest person.....

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Just my $0.10. Anyone that thinks we can magically disarm citizens and the bad guys won't find a way to get a gun is foolish. Short of switching to living in a military state with armed patrols everywhere, it won't happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    This is the wisdom folks need to understand. There will ALWAYS be bad guys, and the bad guys will ALWAYS get ahold of guns (legally or illegally). To think different is just naive.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast