Majestic DV 260 Honeywell comfot control RF valve

Did a clean and service on a Majestic with the RF comfort control valve and was pretty unprepared. I have never seen a valve with 2 thermopiles connected that way and to see the printed circuit board directly on the valve and the big motor top cap protruding out looked weird. The call was that the pilot would stay lit and burners would not come on.

Just wondered if you guys come across these valves a bit and what should I be looking for in faults, I know the valve troubleshoots itself but what components seem to failure prematurely on this system.

Thanks for the help and have a nice one.

Before this gets too involved, be advised that replacement parts are NLA on these.

I have one right now that we're getting ready to remove the entire fireplace and replace it. I have another one that the manufacturer has a retrofit kit available.

Honeywell fireplace parts are pretty much NLA at this time. Some manufacturers have kits made to switch out the gas train, usually to SIT.

Bart Ogden
    Wichita, KS
    Notice: Advice given is general in nature. Local laws and ordinances may govern and/or supersede the information and recommendations provided. Final determinations are the responsibility of a local qualified industry professional with first-hand knowledge of the situation, and the AHJ.

Thanks again Bart,

Yeah when I called tech they explained the retrofit, that honeywell stop making that valve. I wonder why probably because if you lose your remote or it fails you have to buy a whole new gas valve. Been speaking with tech alot on many units not because I am lazy but because I want verification of my diagnosis, really try to make certain that if a customer is going to spend some coin that I am correct. We are all customers somewhere down that line and getting it right the first time and not throwing parts at the problem is the plan.