+ Reply to Thread

Thread: McQuay ALR130 Chiller 1995 year Microtech problem

Post Likes

Confused McQuay ALR130 Chiller 1995 year Microtech problem

I have a first generation microtech processor on this McQuay ALR130 air cooled chiller. The problem is I want to change the lvging evap water temp set point to a higher setting, I can use the default password which is enter 4 times, lets me in allows me to go up from 44 degrees to the setpoint I now want which is 48 degrees, I hit enter it shows the 48, after a few seconds it resorts back to 44. Its funny cause I can change all the other setpoints and it stays at my changes I made except for the chilled water leaving set point. Help!

Post Likes
    sounds like it is connected to bas

Post Likes
    Check to see if you're getting a reset setpoint from the control system. A quick check of the terminal block will tell you if you have the chiller setpoint being controlled externally. What's the reason for the change?

Post Likes
    I was told by the EMS people the 2 chillers both ALR130's were only to run by command, lead and lag and they have nothing to do with the control of water temp. But they didn't seem to be lets say HVAC savy...if you know what i mean. the reason for the change is the water temp is too cold of a setting, just wasting energy. Kinda new to this account so they keep there EMS to EMS and the mechanical to us the mechanical which at times can make things difficult for communication, I am returning to site tommorow will check for a reset setpoint command with EMS again.Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in