Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I didn't take measurements to see if a DC gauge would fit on the manifold.

Which manifold do you currently have?
    There are 3 manifolds, that I'm aware of, that the DC will fit directly on.
    YJ Brute
    Thermal Engineering TS-1000(The Sherman): http://fierychill.com/the-sherman-4-...eering-ts-1000
    Digi-Cool ball valve manifold:http://www.trutechtools.com/Digi-Coo...ld_p_2019.html
    I think the YJ 41 fits also, could be wrong.

You have to use the swivel adapters with the YJ 41, i never had any problems with the 41's but preffer the DC ball valve manifold now.

I had nothing but problems with the Sherman, its an expensive paperweight now.

Quote Originally Posted by stomper56 View Post
    You have to use the swivel adapters with the YJ 41, i never had any problems with the 41's but preffer the DC ball valve manifold now.

This is what I remember hearing... the valves in the Sherman were a mess.

I really do not like the offsets... wish I could find a 4 valve other than the JY (Titan or Brute) which will fit directly to the DC.

Maybe this new Hilmor will fit...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I've never had any problem with mine in the 2.5 years I've had it, but it is very heavy, and has one more set of hose ports and valve than I will ever use.
    I'm ordering the DC ball valve manifold, along with a BluVac tonight.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

First problem i had was they valves weren't seating, i called Jim B. and he said to take some channel locks to them to help them seat initially, no problems after that but you really shouldn't have to crack down on them to seat, this was one of the first production runs so it was probably resolved.

Plus the revised handles where knuckle busters with the sharp edges and you really had to torque down on the handles to get them to seat (the original designed handles were awesome, knobbed but more smooth)

Second main problem i had with them i decided to try and pull a vac through the manifold ( i never pull through the manifold unless i have to but i decided to give it a try) Some how the c-clip that holds the handle on snapped off and the valve sucked shut, i ended up loosing the vac trying to reconnect the handle.
    I think that happened on a small 7 ton unit but still it shouldn't have happened at all.

I had more problems than that but those are the top two that stick in my mind.

I think you will like the DC ball valve mani, its simple (like the YJ 41, just with ball valves) that was my go t manifold and i was use to "thumbing" the knobs to throttle reffer, the change to ball valves is easy but takes a little getting use to since its more sensitive or easier to overfeed compared to what your use to.

And i bet the blu vac will change the way you pull your vac's, it did for me anyway.

And i bet the blu vac will change the way you pull your vac's, it did for me anyway.
    I decided to get a Fluke 424D laser distance meter instead of a BluVac.

My 13 year old YJ 6cfm pump, with 7 year old YJ super evac kit, is plenty fast, and my YJ69075 micron gauge still works great.
    After my last post, I brought my vacuum gear in from the truck and cleaned everything, replaced seals, flushed the pump out, and tested it.

Once business picks back up, and we are actually selling some systems again, I'll hit my boss up for some new evacuation gear, like a TEZ8 and BluVac.
    I'm hoping to get a Flir i7 to keep on my truck this year too, so I don't want to ask for to much.
    I also am lusting over the wireless setup that Metreco is about to start selling in the US market too...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I decided to get a Fluke 424D laser distance meter instead of a BluVac.

My 13 year old YJ 6cfm pump, with 7 year old YJ super evac kit, is plenty fast, and my YJ69075 micron gauge still works great.
    After my last post, I brought my vacuum gear in from the truck and cleaned everything, replaced seals, flushed the pump out, and tested it.

Once business picks back up, and we are actually selling some systems again, I'll hit my boss up for some new evacuation gear, like a TEZ8 and BluVac.
    I'm hoping to get a Flir i7 to keep on my truck this year too, so I don't want to ask for to much.
    I also am lusting over the wireless setup that Metreco is about to start selling in the US market too...
    ]

I bought an Appion G5twin and a TEZ8 last May... You will enjoy the TEZ8!

I was kinda dissapointed with the G5... I have to use a cooling coil along with it when working with 410... or it takes forever to draw the gas out. Pump is great on liquid... just slow on gas.

One nice thing about both Appions: They weigh a lot less than other units!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234