Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 46
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,068
    Why are we not impressed? It sounds like everyone else is! According to a tweet by hilmor;

    " The excitement about hilmor is off the charts. Now, we take our tools to you. Are you ready?..."

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Why are we not impressed? It sounds like everyone else is! According to a tweet by hilmor;

    " The excitement about hilmor is off the charts. Now, we take our tools to you. Are you ready?..."
    If one of them trucks swings by here I'll check them out. Excluding the electronics the stuff looks good.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,725
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If one of them trucks swings by here I'll check them out. Excluding the electronics the stuff looks good.
    I think it looks stupid and not impressive il stick with my fp sman3. The tubing expander looks ok, but I'd have to try it out to know if its a good one.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,068
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If one of them trucks swings by here I'll check them out. Excluding the electronics the stuff looks good.
    I would like to see them, the bender and the expander look good.

    Mark, how did the hand tools look?

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I think it looks stupid and not impressive il stick with my fp sman3. The tubing expander looks ok, but I'd have to try it out to know if its a good one.
    The one that looks like Sid looks better than the one that looks like Sponge Bob IMO LOL
    At least everything is shown at one time on the face of this one. Needs some tweaking though.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I would like to see them, the bender and the expander look good.

    Mark, how did the hand tools look?
    The bender and expander look real good.
    I tried the expander out on some different size of copper, and it works as good or better than any expander I've used.
    I really like how compact it is, and the thumb activated release lever is MILES better than competing products because it allow for one hand operation of the tool. The right angle orientation also eliminates access issues.

    I also really like the bender vs my YJ bender. No wing nuts, metal bending shoes, thumb activated release and locking levers, and a good solid overall feel.
    The only issue is that there is no reverse bending adapter at this time. I was told that there will be one at some point, so we'll see.
    No reverse bending adapter = deal killer.
    I'm using a YJ bender now, and rely heavily on the reverse bending adapter, but the plastic bending shoes with the YJ version SUCK. My 7/8 and 3/4 bending shoes are cracked at the mount. It doesn't hurt the actual bending of the pipe, but it makes getting the bent copper out of the shoe more difficult.

    I plan on picking up the tubing expander as soon as it is available, but I'll hold off on the bender until the reverse bending adapter is available.

    I didn't really look at any of the hand tools, nothing new there.
    The dual channel thermocouple thermometer is kinda neat, but not something I'm interested in.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The one that looks like Sid looks better than the one that looks like Sponge Bob IMO LOL
    OMG, I knew there was something the Hilmor gauge was reminding me of, SID!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    80
    Is it just me or does it seem like overkill to have both analog and digital on the same gauge?
    If I wanted old school fine,if I want digi's cool,but both together on the same unit?
    Personally I think they failed on this one...

  9. #35
    No features than the micron gauge? Hilmar will have to reduce the selling point considerably to gain any market share.

  10. #36
    turns out the Gauges are assembled in the USA.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,020
    Manifold looks a lot like a YJ... the one shipped with DC's back when.... "Titan 2" ???

    Mark: Did you look at the actual manifold? Do the valves feel better than the YJ? And will the DC head fit on the manifold w/out the angle adapters? Yeah, lots of info... just curious.

    I do not like the angle adapters... and as such am stuck with one manifold under my DC 1250... which I really do not like (the knobs are waaaay too stiff).

    A new manifold that fits the DC head direct mount would be a real PLUS!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #38
    Uncle got wind of the Hilmor and wants to buy it.

    I think he's going on another "QVC" buying spree for HVAC instruments.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Mark: Did you look at the actual manifold? Do the valves feel better than the YJ? And will the DC head fit on the manifold w/out the angle adapters? Yeah, lots of info... just curious.

    I do not like the angle adapters... and as such am stuck with one manifold under my DC 1250... which I really do not like (the knobs are waaaay too stiff).

    A new manifold that fits the DC head direct mount would be a real PLUS!
    I didn't take measurements to see if a DC gauge would fit on the manifold.

    Which manifold do you currently have?
    There are 3 manifolds, that I'm aware of, that the DC will fit directly on.
    YJ Brute
    Thermal Engineering TS-1000(The Sherman): http://fierychill.com/the-sherman-4-...eering-ts-1000
    Digi-Cool ball valve manifold:http://www.trutechtools.com/Digi-Coo...ld_p_2019.html
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event