Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Yep going to be a great place where everyone stands in line and takes handouts from the government....

I'm still trying to figure out who is going to pay for all of those handouts???

Nevermind, I will just go figure out which line to stand in.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    What we are seeing is the end of the era of Reaganism and the beginning of something different. The Reagan ideal is "Liberty" and "government you could drown in a bathtub". This new thing is different, it seems to be a more "Liberty and Justice for all". Will it work? Time will tell. All I know is the groundwork laid down by ol rotten Ronnie created the biggest disparity in wealth this country has seen since the robber baron age so I'm willing to do a wait and see.
    You are welcome to believe what you like. Unfortunately, your opinions are not what economists are saying.

Like this Nobel prize winner;

The finance industry is to blame for the growing divide between the rich and poor in the United States, says Nobel Prize-winning economics professor Joseph Stiglitz.

Even Obama's allies at the New York Times agree;

The yawning gap between the haves and the have-nots — and the political questions that gap has raised about the plight of the middle class — has given rise to anti-Wall Street sentiment and animated the presidential campaign.

I guess four years of your progressive plan wasn't enough as that article also says;

Income inequality has soared to the highest levels since the Great Depression, and the recession has done little to reverse the trend, with the top 1 percent of earners taking 93 percent of the income gains in the first full year of the recovery.
    But no, they are all wet and you've got it all figured out!

Dude, read a book. Your knowledge of economic matters is quite lame.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Yep going to be a great place where everyone stands in line and takes handouts from the government....

I'm still trying to figure out who is going to pay for all of those handouts???

Nevermind, I will just go figure out which line to stand in.
    It will be different than it is now, change is really not all that bad. But if some folks keep thinking the MAJORITY that voted in this change are really this way (bums) all I can say is sorry you misunderstand the issues facing this country and how the adults plan to handle them. It must be a major sad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    You are welcome to believe what you like. Unfortunately, your opinions are not what economists are saying.

Like this Nobel prize winner;

The finance industry is to blame for the growing divide between the rich and poor in the United States, says Nobel Prize-winning economics professor Joseph Stiglitz.

Even Obama's allies at the New York Times agree;

The yawning gap between the haves and the have-nots — and the political questions that gap has raised about the plight of the middle class — has given rise to anti-Wall Street sentiment and animated the presidential campaign.

I guess four years of your progressive plan wasn't enough as that article also says;

But no, they are all wet and you've got it all figured out!

Dude, read a book. Your knowledge of economic matters is quite lame.
    Yeah, all those years of studying the Chicago School of Economics have warped your mind. Believe it or not there are other ways to approach the economic circumstances that face the world these days.

It will be different than it is now, change is really not all that bad. But if some folks keep thinking the MAJORITY that voted in this change are really this way (bums) all I can say is sorry you misunderstand the issues facing this country and how the adults plan to handle them. It must be a major sad for you.
    On the contrary, sad for you and those like you. If you are better off than you were four years ago, you will be on the top of the world in another four.

Just one question, are the drugs you are on prescription and covered under Obamacare? That would explain a lot.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Yeah, all those years of studying the Chicago School of Economics have warped your mind. Believe it or not there are other ways to approach the economic circumstances that face the world these days.
    Ok, then. Let's see some links from economists that say modern issues are based on a 30-year-old presidency.

Good luck with that.

Crap, you guys can't get away from blaming Bush for everything, now we see you going back 30 freaking YEARS to lay blame!

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    On the contrary, sad for you and those like you. If you are better off than you were four years ago, you will be on the top of the world in another four.

Just one question, are the drugs you are on prescription and covered under Obamacare? That would explain a lot.
    I don't know, but now I have to pay for my blood pressure meds full price out of my pocket due to my GWB HSA (income tax free though - big whoop) so it probably won't get worse.

What we are seeing is the end of the era of Reaganism and the beginning of something different. The Reagan ideal is "Liberty" and "government you could drown in a bathtub". This new thing is different, it seems to be a more "Liberty and Justice for all". Will it work? Time will tell. All I know is the groundwork laid down by ol rotten Ronnie created the biggest disparity in wealth this country has seen since the robber baron age so I'm willing to do a wait and see.
    With your words & example I take you to be relatively young. And your idealism in believing that this is the "beginning of something different" is indicating that this something different is better than the old way we have mainted our right, freedoms and liberties in this country for the last 237 years.

I believe that once you get a number of more presidents under your life experience and have a wider optical view point you will see much more to this picture then just one president.

We, the people, are responsible for the shape this country is in. It starts with us being a sovereign state base on individual rights. And those rights include keeping guard over ourselfs including crying wolf when our leaders stray away from our founding instructions.

We have not done that as a country for years. We have turned away from incidents and situations where we should have stood and fought. No one challenged Bill Clinton when he lied to the grand jury on tape. Stocks were doing well, we were doing well and unemployment was low so we looked and our elected leaders looked the other way cause no one wanted to look at the whole picture.

Then we had our elected officials sponser a housing program whereby out government instructed, yes..instructed mortgage leaders that they could not check on the purchasers income, credit or job status. And millions of home prices went through the roof cause a ton of unqualified home buyers were out there buying the American dream. Of course that progam made a mockery of the real American dream where previous home buyers had to put down real money, show that they were responsible citizens through steady job employment, a record of paying their bills when due and no indication that they were non responsible citizens.

The "new" America is a place of blame. Blame the other guy or this political party for all of the problems, espcially their own problems.

I have yet to see on home owner come forth and admit that the house they purchased under false documents and lost was their own doings as they knew they could not afford that house.

And where are the citizens that are holding obama's feet to the fire for all of the promises that his voter believed that he promised them. And where are the citizens that are outraged because for 4 years our congress has continued to break the laws under which that have taken a pledge to uphold?

Mos to them, especially the responsible citizens, are too busy standing in an unemployment line somewhere; and the other, the cult that follows faithfully, the obama kingship..well, they are too busy waiting for all of the promises that he has promised them.

They stand at the dock waiting, faithfully, for their boat that obama led them to believe existed, to come in while obama is taking off on Air Force One heading for a vacation on their money in Hawaii.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Ok, then. Let's see some links from economists that say modern issues are based on a 30-year-old presidency.

Good luck with that.

Crap, you guys can't get away from blaming Bush for everything, now we see you going back 30 freaking YEARS to lay blame!
    Please, you and I both know my experts and your experts are not the same people. I think your experts are for #*@! and you think mine are full of *&$@ so what would be the point. Anyone that doesn't see that we have been in the age of Reaganomics for the past 30 years is beyond help.

My grand kids would love to hear you suggest that I am a youngster. I guess I am just an old fool - but it could be worse - I could have been a Republican!

Please, you and I both know my experts and your experts are not the same people. I think your experts are for #*@! and you think mine are full of *&$@ so what would be the point. Anyone that doesn't see that we have been in the age of Reaganomics for the past 30 years is beyond help.
    Actually, you have not posted links to your experts. And, as stated, the NY Times is ostensibly on YOUR side.

So then, the Clinton economic boom was due to Reaganomics according to you? Nothing to do with the dot com bubble?

Very interesting. If that's the case, why is it bad again?

My grand kids would love to hear you suggest that I am a youngster. I guess I am just an old fool - but it could be worse - I could have been a Republican!
    Well, if you are younger than 120 then you are younger than me...so you are a youngster!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Well, if you are younger than 120 then you are younger than me...so you are a youngster!
    Well you got me there Methuselah! Wait, are you just trying to make me feel good?

Nah - didn't think so.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast