Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So....of you saying that Obama is making bad decisions... do any of you think it could be worse? Say something happens to a family member of his and he goes postal...issuing executive orders to lock up every person of the same sex, race, and appearance of the person who committed the crime.

I knew some of you would come back at me saying....too late, but is it?
    THAT scenario would not stand the rule of law... actually has happened in history in the USA.

Note in NY state... many local Sheriffs have publicly said they WILL NOT support the new gun law.

Fear of the govt is what they want... they WANT you to cower to their power. What is needed is folks who KNOW the founding documents well enough to KNOW what the govt can and cannot do... A knowledge of history is a help here.

Just like the animal kingdom... where a predator can smell fear miles off... a power lusting polecat can smell a cowering and afraid citizen. They (the polecats) ARE AFRAID of a citizen who KNOWS the law and has lawyer friends who are ready to stand their ground. The first thing one does when they get a CCW permit; is to join a local organization who promotes carry. The org will have lawyers who specialize in defending you. Having that relationship with the lawyer in place AHEAD of time (all it takes is go to the org meetings, chat with the lawyers at break time... and get their card), is the BEST insurance to not being bull-dozed by a govt who wants to take away your rights.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THAT scenario would not stand the rule of law... actually has happened in history in the USA.

Note in NY state... many local Sheriffs have publicly said they WILL NOT support the new gun law.

Fear of the govt is what they want... they WANT you to cower to their power. What is needed is folks who KNOW the founding documents well enough to KNOW what the govt can and cannot do... A knowledge of history is a help here.

Just like the animal kingdom... where a predator can smell fear miles off... a power lusting polecat can smell a cowering and afraid citizen. They (the polecats) ARE AFRAID of a citizen who KNOWS the law and has lawyer friends who are ready to stand their ground. The first thing one does when they get a CCW permit; is to join a local organization who promotes carry. The org will have lawyers who specialize in defending you. Having that relationship with the lawyer in place AHEAD of time (all it takes is go to the org meetings, chat with the lawyers at break time... and get their card), is the BEST insurance to not being bull-dozed by a govt who wants to take away your rights.
    great post GA. Everyone should read this twice.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

I don't agree. The government doesn't want you to fear it.
    It wants you to love it, trust it, and rely on it completely.
    It's much easier to get someone to do what you want when they love you or respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It's much easier to get someone to do what you want when they love you or respect you.
    Wise thinking. Not sure who you are disagreeing with, but I am confident most of us agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So....of you saying that Obama is making bad decisions... do any of you think it could be worse? Say something happens to a family member of his and he goes postal...issuing executive orders to lock up every person of the same sex, race, and appearance of the person who committed the crime.

I knew some of you would come back at me saying....too late, but is it?
    I believe (But I can't find the statute/rule) that if the Presidents kids/family are either Kidnapped or killed, he is relieved of command and the VP takes over. I don't think we want a person under extreme duress to have his finger on the nuke button.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

I don't agree. The -- obama -- government doesn't want you to fear it.
    Let me interject a word for clarification, if you don't mind. For good or bad each President in my lifetime expected conflict in our Federal Government as that is the way our government system works. It's a set of checks and balances from one end to the other.

Checks and balances keep the wolf out of the chicken house most of the time. And the wolf can be sensed and chased back out of the chicken house under our form of government. Keep in mind the wolf is always, and I mean, always scratching at anyway it can get in the chicken house.

Now the wolf can also represent any of us as it's all a matter of opinion. I'm against one thing so I order my wolf to get the government to be against what I want it to be against..some call that a special interest. Then, on the other hand, you want the government to be for something that I am against so we and they get to work it out to the best benefit possible to all of us.

That is why our form of government is a Replubic, the rule of law, in place of a democracy, where the people directly vote as to forms of governing. And the basis for our rule of law is The Constitution and The Bill of Rights as a first and most important guide.

And the Federal Government is hired to represent the best interests of all of us even when we, as a country, don't agree with their decision.

Equal rights were finally passed in the 60's. It was hated by the majority yet it was passed. If the citizens of this country were truly in charge of making that vote, based on the thoughts of the majority of this country in the 40's, 50's and 60's there still would be no equal rights.

obama only has one thought in mind..and that is what he wants based on what he was taught as a child. And that is to the extreme of what this country is designed for.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Regardless if we call it fear or love/rely... it is the same thing: Let your guard down and trust the govt... there will be only ONE result:

Trusting a polecat is like p*ssing into the wind... There is NO doubt the result... and it is not what you want.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Let me interject a word for clarification, if you don't mind. For good or bad each President in my lifetime expected conflict in our Federal Government as that is the way our government system works. It's a set of checks and balances from one end to the other.

Checks and balances keep the wolf out of the chicken house most of the time. And the wolf can be sensed and chased back out of the chicken house under our form of government. Keep in mind the wolf is always, and I mean, always scratching at anyway it can get in the chicken house.

Now the wolf can also represent any of us as it's all a matter of opinion. I'm against one thing so I order my wolf to get the government to be against what I want it to be against..some call that a special interest. Then, on the other hand, you want the government to be for something that I am against so we and they get to work it out to the best benefit possible to all of us.

That is why our form of government is a Replubic, the rule of law, in place of a democracy, where the people directly vote as to forms of governing. And the basis for our rule of law is The Constitution and The Bill of Rights as a first and most important guide.

And the Federal Government is hired to represent the best interests of all of us even when we, as a country, don't agree with their decision.

Equal rights were finally passed in the 60's. It was hated by the majority yet it was passed. If the citizens of this country were truly in charge of making that vote, based on the thoughts of the majority of this country in the 40's, 50's and 60's there still would be no equal rights.

obama only has one thought in mind..and that is what he wants based on what he was taught as a child. And that is to the extreme of what this country is designed for.
    AS Tool referenced my post earlier... IMO folks should read DeltaT's post several times and think it over until they understand.

This is an EXCELLENT post!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

This is nothing more than"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    So who is going to train the people guarding the kids and who is going to insure that these people are properly trained ???

The government ???
    How much training do you really need? No training is needed. You can practice a little bit. It is basically 'point and click', as easy as a computer mouse.

Training is foolish. Basically, read the GDDaMNed owners manual and you will know everything you need to learn. Practice, not training, but practice will increase effective rate of fire and distance. Nice to familiarize yourself with state and local laws. But your basic 'training' is only effective at a personal level. Know your guns, and practice. Be familiar with them. My adjustable sight guns are all sighted to shoot 'yay so high' intentionally. No visual obstruction with the barrel in the way. My non adjustable sight gun is useless as a sighted gun anyway. 3 inch barrel, there is no real point in sighting and aiming it. Tarus Judge, you get 5 pellets of ,41 caliber per shot. Basically, just point it in the right direction.

point and click. No training BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

ya, what happened in NYS a week a go was not Democracy. When the Governor of the state locks the leaders of HIS PARTY in a room and EXCLUDES OPPOSING VIEWS and says "no one leaves until I GET WHAT I WANT" that becomes a dictatorship. King Cuomo has forced his opinion on the state when clearly more than one third of the population is firmly against the wishes of the citizens of that state. What works in NY city, clearly does NOT work in the rest of the state.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, what happened in NYS a week a go was not Democracy. When the Governor of the state locks the leaders of HIS PARTY in a room and EXCLUDES OPPOSING VIEWS and says "no one leaves until I GET WHAT I WANT" that becomes a dictatorship. King Cuomo has forced his opinion on the state when clearly more than one third of the population is firmly against the wishes of the citizens of that state. What works in NY city, clearly does NOT work in the rest of the state.
    And THIS is what the founders understood would happen if the country did not have provisions for the citizens to push back... those provisions are in the founding documents, and the 1 & 2 amendments guarantee those provisions.

It does not take a rocket scientist... or for that matter even a graduate of grade school to understand this... What it does take is gonads... which seems to be lacking in the male side of our society.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    The followers of obama who voted him in the first time said "we want what he represents" ( even if we don't know what that is!). And that opened the door to what we have now in our Federal Government.

And during the last 4 years obama has place a systemic virus in our system. And that virus has undermined all of the basics of what this country stands for..or I should say, what this country stood for.

Now that he has built his army of followers through purchasing their souls; and he has been put back into power there is no limit to his unchecked plan to do things the way he believes without regard to anyone or anything else.

So this virus will automatically start showing up in State and local governments.

It's the same action that takes place with a bully on a playground. Once the bully realizes that there exists no responsible adults to challenge him he will take over the playground.

That's why I can't see the US making it a full 4 years with this guy in office without conflict within our borders. The more power he continues to get the more he will want and take. I'm sure in his mind he already has the ability to do whatever he wants. He's showing that now by his In-our-face decisions.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast