Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    That is assuming he is making good decisions... which he does NOT.

However I will give him the benefit of the doubt if someone can list a few decisions BHO has made that were in the BEST interest of the average American citizen? Please do list a few with an explanation of how they help better our lives.
    Universal Health Care.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

This is an unusual site.

Republicans for Obama

http://www.republicansforobama.org/firstterm
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

So....of you saying that Obama is making bad decisions... do any of you think it could be worse? Say something happens to a family member of his and he goes postal...issuing executive orders to lock up every person of the same sex, race, and appearance of the person who committed the crime.

I knew some of you would come back at me saying....too late, but is it?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So....of you saying that Obama is making bad decisions... do any of you think it could be worse? Say something happens to a family member of his and he goes postal...issuing executive orders to lock up every person of the same sex, race, and appearance of the person who committed the crime.

Obama cannot get too far off track or he will be impeached & removed from office. There is a procedure for that.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Heck, under the NDAA, he's already got those powers.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    An insult. This is what you call intellectual input?

"GUN FREE ZONES" at public schools are not under Obama's authority. "GUN FREE ZONES" is a decision for local school boards.

So completely wrong statements are what you call intellectual input?

More insults. This is what you call intellectual input?

Actually, you are weary of being expertly debunked. As we have seen above, you have no interest in intellectual input.
    I am sorry geer if you feel I have insulted you. But if you are expecting my replies to your mindless blathering to be affectionate or complimentary you would have obviously been mistaken.

I have no personal case against you geer, but you are not following the logic demonstrated on this thread. You are not debunking or disputing anything, just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I have no intention or hope of convincing you of any notion you do not already have. I understand, you are unmovable on your far left positions.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Universal Health Care.
    That is just antagonistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I see absolutely no double standard in protecting his family & still believing in gun restriction.

really? Obama wants guns to protect his family. He does not want you to have guns to protect yours.
    If you cannot see the double standard you should have your driving license revoked, a mental health evaluation, a seeing-eye dog, and special Mr. Magoo glasses.
    I see why you think it is a double standard but I just don't see it that way. I try to not let my prejudice hinder my eyesight.
    The double standard would apply if the circumstances were similar but they are not. I guess its a double standard if Obama doesn't think every child should have secret service protection too. Why stop with just guns if it's truly a double standard.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Obama cannot get too far off track or he will be impeached & removed from office. There is a procedure for that.
    Under today's circumstances, I don't think so and he knows it. I don't remember all my government lessons but I think it take 2/3 of the Congress or something to be impeached. And his fools run the government so who is going to vote against him.

I should look up what is necessary to impeach the President but Printer will be along to explain to us how our government works.

Universal Health Care...choke....choke
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I am sorry geer if you feel I have insulted you.
    I don't give a poot being insulted. In fact I rather enjoy a witty, original insult even if it is directed at me. Unfortunately the vast majority of insults here rarely rise above the banal.

No, what I find curious is that you demand intellectual input from everybody but yourself.

But if you are expecting my replies to your mindless blathering to be affectionate or complimentary you would have obviously been mistaken.
    I enjoy those elsewhere. My expectations of the level of discourse here are rather low and to date my expectations have been if anything been overly optimistic.

I have no personal case against you geer, but you are not following the logic demonstrated on this thread. You are not debunking or disputing anything, just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I have no intention or hope of convincing you of any notion you do not already have. I understand, you are unmovable on your far left positions.
    On the contrary, I am more than willing to change my postions if offered credible evidence, compelling arguments, or logic.

Your best argument is nothing more than a logical fallacy, the slippery slope .

We had a shooting, not the first one. The gun and magazine bans are going to do NOTHING to prevent it from happening again. That is what they are going for, handguns are next. Using children for propaganda props. Obama sends out e-mails for support from his campaign network, I get them. He wants any degree of gun ban he can get.
    Slippery Slope logical fallacy.

The hypocrisy is undeniable. Obama wants more guns to protect his, wants less guns for everyone else to protect theirs.
    I don't see how that is possible in light of these facts:

1. None of the eleven security guards at Sidwell Friends School carry firearms.

2. Obama has said or done nothing to deny armed guards at any school. In fact he has no authority in this matter. That authority rests soley with local school boards.

3. Obama has proposed funding for schools that want armed security in his latest address on this issue.

Step back and look at what you have suggested more than once here; that if something were to happen to one of his own he might somehow go off the deep end or not be able to make competent or rational decisions as the leader of the free world. If that is the case then he has NO BUSINESS being the leader of the free world or in any other position of authority. Leaders do not fall apart when faced with adversity or tragedies, they put their emotions aside and LEAD. But, I can see your concern as this President does not lead, he dictates and whines and cry's about how everything is everyone elses fault. Leader....HA!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Slippery Slope logical fallacy.

I don't see how that is possible in light of these facts:

1. None of the eleven security guards at Sidwell Friends School carry firearms.

2. Obama has said or done nothing to deny armed guards at any school. In fact he has no authority in this matter. That authority rests soley with local school boards.

3. Obama has proposed funding for schools that want armed security in his latest address on this issue.
    The 'slippery slope' argument is very valid. If you get a system in place, however feeble, federal restrictions and licensing of guns and owners is the prelude to confiscation. But you make a good point Geer, the presidential mandates, as far a I can interpret them, does nothing to erode gun ownership.

You are correct. On that point.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast