Charging Scale Case Latches

Hybrid View

Charging Scale Case Latches

Hi everyone...Does anyone know of an online source for those little black latches that come on the TIF scales and Yellow Jacket leak detector blow mold cases?

Most of mine appear to be the same size across different cases, and most of them are missing (snapped off) the little tab in the center that actually holds the latch closed. I was going up a ladder today carrying my scale and the case opened up and the scale tumbled to the floor. Not good.

If I can't replace them, I will have to figure out some other way to firmly close several of my cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    Hi everyone...Does anyone know of an online source for those little black latches that come on the TIF scales and Yellow Jacket leak detector blow mold cases?

Most of mine appear to be the same size across different cases, and most of them are missing (snapped off) the little tab in the center that actually holds the latch closed. I was going up a ladder today carrying my scale and the case opened up and the scale tumbled to the floor. Not good.

If I can't replace them, I will have to figure out some other way to firmly close several of my cases.
    Call the manufacturer. sometimes they will send them to you at no charge.

I thought of that right after I posted here. I sent them an email through their website. Maybe they will send me more. They are so cheap and delicate though...I hope they send me a handful!

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    I thought of that right after I posted here. I sent them an email through their website. Maybe they will send me more. They are so cheap and delicate though...I hope they send me a handful!
    They actually might. I had the barbs on my fieldpiece manometer break off (plastic) and I called customer service and they sent me the new part to repair it plus a back up that way there would be no down time if it happened again. Fieldpiece earned my respect by doing that.