Mechanical Aptitude Test

I have a mechanical aptitude test and a math and science test with the union im trying to get into (UA Local 787 in Toronto) what can i expect on these tests. Any websites that would help? are they typically easy? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bkhalaf View Post
    I have a mechanical aptitude test and a math and science test with the union im trying to get into (UA Local 787 in Toronto) what can i expect on these tests. Any websites that would help? are they typically easy? Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm not sure about the specifics of that test but in general you can probably find some information about the difficulty level of the test you are taking and which company administers it on the company website. I have taken plenty of psychometric tests - websites I have found to be useful that offer practice questions are shl and jobtestprep. hope this helps

Check on or look for the S.T.A.R practice exam. A couple hundred questions that will get you started. I just took it for the second time as a requirement (sort of) for work. Not too awful hard if you've been on the commercial side for any length of time.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Hey, how did the testing go? Did you make it to the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
    Hey, how did the testing go? Did you make it to the interview?
    yes the mechanical aptitude test was fairly easy

I wish I came across this thread at least a week ago The mech aptitude test is more like an IQ test, so as long as you can hammer away quickly, it should not be a problem. The math/science stuff was very elementary. Math was mostly just arithmetics with some simple equations, chem didn't go below grade 9 and physics... As long as you know your electrical, energy and gases at the G2 course level, you should be fine.