Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee pads

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Ok so I know some jokes will be coming buy I'm in need of knee pads. I'm doing 95% commercial refrigeration and am getting what my doctor calls a second knee cap. It's excruciating. Does anybody have some recomendations. Please help!!!! Does anybody have any other ideas? I considered a pad like a gel mat that I would bring to each call and set down to work on.
    Here's my recommendation, for what its worth... Not much probably.

I've been using knee pads since I was about 14 (now I'm 44) years old working for a carpet laying company (neighbor). Find something that is comfortable on your knee caps. glue or velcro extra padding if you feel it is necessary, I usually put in a couple of rags under the knee side of the pad.

Here's the most important part, don't use the top straps to secure the pads to your knees. The lower straps above or near the tops of the calves will keep them in place just fine. Using the top straps will just bind up and cut off circulation to the bottom of your leg, making your job more of a pain than it already is. Good luck with those knees.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    http://www.johnstonesupply.com/store...ep?pID=W89-883

Buy 2.

You can kneel on them, lay on them, and use on a milk crate or bucket to sit on.
    X2

I have two of these on my truck. Why fuss with uncomfortable pads you wear?

I carry one of these mats with me on almost every call. Grab it with the same hand as my Veto XL.

Along with saving knees on tile floor, it keeps you dry on wet or dirty floor, you can lay on it, etc.

Mascot leidra Pants with built-in knee pad pockets. The best work pants hands down.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=501477

Geltek 40655

8 years ago out to the blue I came up with psoriasis, the first outbreak was the worst and my knees turned into 2 giant scabs. After crawling through attics and through units in plants to get to units I was to the point of crying because anything I hit cut me open and I would start bleeding profusely. My parents actually bought these for me and I can't tell you what a difference it made until my knees healed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Joey 791, look up "Nightshades and Psoriasis," I've been diagnosed in the past with Lupus, severe arthritis, and had bouts with other problems, with test all coming back negative. Symptoms appearing and disappearing with no reason. Psoriasis, will come on real strong then disappear for long times. A doctor suggested I might have a Nightshade sensitivity, and that's exactly what it is. It's only when I really load up on Nightshade vegetables, also my spring allergies make me more sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You can get the ones built in but it sounds like its too late

http://www.blaklader.com/us/
    Those 1630's are looking nice!
    Anyone tried these yet?
    I think the 1600's look a little "too much" for me!
    Ace tools carries them for $90

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I ran commercial cvt tile for close to 2 years and I had to buy knee pads.I tried foam pads of varying densities but I was in pain still. I ended up having to buy a set of gel knee pads even though I hated them because they would not stay in the correct position with me moving around constantly to do my work.After I got them though I never went home hurting again...my knees anyway, my herniated disk is another story...

I like the lerida Mascot pants. I have about 10 pair. Some are a few years old. I use my older pants for dirty installs or oil service. I keep my newer pants for regular service and when i know i'm going to working a a very clean home. I probalby have way more then 10 because i still have a few that are in the packaging.

http://www.repconnw.com/index.php?pa...k=1&Itemid=109

I don't know how i worked with out knee pads before. I've gone home to get my knee pads if i happen to forget to put them in the pants before i leave for work. Out of all the brands i like Mascot the best. They seem to be the most well made out of Skillers and Blaklauder brands i have tried.

PS: They do go on sale...i wait for that time then load up on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12