+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chicagoland commercial hvac and refer work

Post Likes

Chicagoland commercial hvac and refer work

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone in the area knows of any union shops are looking to hire.
    Just got the news I had been fearing for a while that our biggest account has decided to go with another contractor. ( of course they wont tell us who).

I have been looking and nothing has really turned up, so Im hoping someone on here may have an inside track on something or even something at your company.

Real fast about me journeyman service tech from SMW265 ( willing and wanting to transfer to UA though) with 6+ years of convient store refrigeration experience and 12 years over all in the trade with experience from unit heaters to 100 ton built up systems, metasys novar and tracer knowledge too.
    I can provide a resume in a PM to anything serious.

Thanks guys

Post Likes
    Take your experience to a non union shop and not worry about getting laid off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Yeah because a non-union shop has NEVER laid anyone off before..EVER. ****ing bull****.

Good luck to you MPR73.

Post Likes
    Call up your union and get a contractor list for your local.. Call or go to all the shops on the list, you might get something that way..

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=y7turbo;15014041]Yeah because a non-union shop has NEVER laid anyone off before..EVER. ****ing bull****.
    It would seem from postings that most union guys complain about getting laid off as opposed to non union, but I don't like getting too political so you win with your big explatives.

Post Likes
    How were you working Com. Ref. under the SWMIA? Check the MCA of Chicago's website, the UA Local 597 signatories are on there.
    To the other guy, this Tech's layoff is unavoidable. Union or non-Union, this is business - there's no guarantees.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    Yeah because a non-union shop has NEVER laid anyone off before..EVER. ****ing bull****.

Good luck to you MPR73.
    Trane Chicago Service has never laid anyone off. Ever.

Post Likes
    Oh, and by the way, Trane Chicago is hiring.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    X2! It isn't political. It's observation. I see far more union shops laying off than non union shops. I worked a different trade in New England in a mixed shop. The union was a good tool for bringing the new apprentises into the field, yet, if someone was experienced and proficient in the trade, they were way better off in a non union shop. They got more respect, better pay and more job security in a non union shop,

Post Likes
    So is your take on all this about New England, or Chicagoland as the thread states?

Post Likes
    In chicago they dont get laid off they get shot
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in