+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you find the problem with the this old Carrier?

Post Likes

Do you find the problem with the this old Carrier?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358384340.545335.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  61.5 KB

Post Likes
    You can replace just that plate. I just did one along with the inducer bracket. Mine was the 48 DJE 006. Just getting the last season out of it before it's replaced next fall.

Post Likes
    We just replaced 28 heat exchangers on this school. They will all be replaced within 5 yrs.

Post Likes
    Looks about right
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Does the heat exchanger have any holes or cracks in it? As well if your going to replace it I would get a reserver for it as well to prevent it from happening again and if the heat exchanger got replaced I would check if the baffles got removed on installation some require to keep them and some models require you to remove half I'd call carrier to double-check once you figure out if your changing the exchanger or buying the plate for it and reserve.

Post Likes
    What typically causes these burner support plates to fail so soon? See them all the time but sometimes find everything else in line. Give me a carrier like this any day for heat exchanger replacement.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Top plate rust out cause no one ever orders the reserver plate that goes inside of the 3 or 4 tube passes inside the plate where its all rusted out and the Wholes go big to smaller in size, without it I see heat exchanger replacement every 5 years, its an extra order when you get a new exchanger

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeski View Post
    Does the heat exchanger have any holes or cracks in it? As well if your going to replace it I would get a reserver for it as well to prevent it from happening again and if the heat exchanger got replaced I would check if the baffles got removed on installation some require to keep them and some models require you to remove half I'd call carrier to double-check once you figure out if your changing the exchanger or buying the plate for it and reserve.
    This is at a school we don't cut corners. We replace burner support, regulator, retainer, heat exchanger and I like to go ahead and replace the IDM. This school is all on LP.

I don't want to hear you complaining!

Post Likes
    Carriers and heat exchangers. They go together like sardines and jam.

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement. I saw that actually cause a premature death on one.

The ones Ive seen this fail on have been the old Carrier units. The lime green deals. The ones we all hope this will happen so we can finally junk the dinosaur haha.
    Get money, get paid.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=RayD8630;15010391]

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement.

That might be from the retard forklift idiots.Have you ever looked on the bottom of a unit ? Where the forks end up ?

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=VTP99;15010461]
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement.

That might be from the retard forklift idiots.Have you ever looked on the bottom of a unit ? Where the forks end up ?
    Yep. I never knew you could lift them from the Cardboard panels blocking the supply and return LOL.
    Get money, get paid.

Post Likes
    Carriers design is just poop. Lack of post purge and airflow is what kills the heat exchangers. Baffles, NOx plates, blah, blah and blah is not what kills them. Correct your airflow, tune them with an analyzer, and add a 3 min post purge and you will be out of a job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    Do you find the problem with the this old Carrier?]
    All the time. This isn't your model, but it is a Carrier - see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Carriers design is just poop. Lack of post purge and airflow is what kills the heat exchangers. Baffles, NOx plates, blah, blah and blah is not what kills them. Correct your airflow, tune them with an analyzer, and add a 3 min post purge and you will be out of a job.
    Well. If they made them too good, they wouldnt make money. Gotta get people to pay somehow.

Ive seen some that keep the blowers on a few seconds after the call is terminated. But you are right if they had a post purge they would last forever.

York has this funny new thing now. I find on some of their units the time delay relays will start to act up and the unit will actually trip the high limit before the blower comes on. Instead of just giving you a replacement TDR, they try and shove a time delay control board down your throat. I installed one. It actually tells you to bypass the connections for the combustion fan motor so that it operates off the heating relay.

Basically before it worked that once the heating relay opened at the end of the call, the TDR would keep the comb. motor energized until the TDR opened. This was the post purge. But since these new boards dont have that option, it comes on and off with the heating relay.

Sounds like they want to sell more heat exchangers.
    Get money, get paid.

Post Likes
    Go with the carrier flow and just replace all of the heat parts.

Simple.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Go with the carrier flow and just replace all of the heat parts.

Simple.
    Dont forget the rollouts and high limits either! They love to go one week after the exchangers changed!
    Get money, get paid.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in