Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you find the problem with the this old Carrier?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358384340.545335.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  61.5 KB

You can replace just that plate. I just did one along with the inducer bracket. Mine was the 48 DJE 006. Just getting the last season out of it before it's replaced next fall.

We just replaced 28 heat exchangers on this school. They will all be replaced within 5 yrs.

Looks about right
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Does the heat exchanger have any holes or cracks in it? As well if your going to replace it I would get a reserver for it as well to prevent it from happening again and if the heat exchanger got replaced I would check if the baffles got removed on installation some require to keep them and some models require you to remove half I'd call carrier to double-check once you figure out if your changing the exchanger or buying the plate for it and reserve.

What typically causes these burner support plates to fail so soon? See them all the time but sometimes find everything else in line. Give me a carrier like this any day for heat exchanger replacement.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top plate rust out cause no one ever orders the reserver plate that goes inside of the 3 or 4 tube passes inside the plate where its all rusted out and the Wholes go big to smaller in size, without it I see heat exchanger replacement every 5 years, its an extra order when you get a new exchanger

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeski View Post
    Does the heat exchanger have any holes or cracks in it? As well if your going to replace it I would get a reserver for it as well to prevent it from happening again and if the heat exchanger got replaced I would check if the baffles got removed on installation some require to keep them and some models require you to remove half I'd call carrier to double-check once you figure out if your changing the exchanger or buying the plate for it and reserve.
    This is at a school we don't cut corners. We replace burner support, regulator, retainer, heat exchanger and I like to go ahead and replace the IDM. This school is all on LP.

I don't want to hear you complaining!

Carriers and heat exchangers. They go together like sardines and jam.

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement. I saw that actually cause a premature death on one.

The ones Ive seen this fail on have been the old Carrier units. The lime green deals. The ones we all hope this will happen so we can finally junk the dinosaur haha.
    Get money, get paid.

[QUOTE=RayD8630;15010391]

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement.

That might be from the retard forklift idiots.Have you ever looked on the bottom of a unit ? Where the forks end up ?

[QUOTE=VTP99;15010461]
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post

But Ive even seen Carriers straight from the factory with burner racks installed on an angle causing major flame impingement.

That might be from the retard forklift idiots.Have you ever looked on the bottom of a unit ? Where the forks end up ?
    Yep. I never knew you could lift them from the Cardboard panels blocking the supply and return LOL.
    Get money, get paid.

Carriers design is just poop. Lack of post purge and airflow is what kills the heat exchangers. Baffles, NOx plates, blah, blah and blah is not what kills them. Correct your airflow, tune them with an analyzer, and add a 3 min post purge and you will be out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by blazey10 View Post
    Do you find the problem with the this old Carrier?]
    All the time. This isn't your model, but it is a Carrier - see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast