+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with a project!

Post Likes

Need help with a project!

Currently doing a project in my refrigeration course that requires me to build something out of scrap hvac parts( fractional hp compressors, Evaps, condensers, fans and accessories) and make it creative. Was thinking making a static evaporator that would be shaped in 6 coils each one sized to fit a beer can. But that is just one idea would like to see what other people's ideas could be and I will post a picture of the finished product. Cheers!

Post Likes
    Maybe use a styrofoam beverage cooler or use an old Igloo type cooler in which to install the evaporator.

Post Likes
    To do something like that, I'd just wrap some 3/8 copper around some cans to get the shape. Use a cap tube as a metering device and the 3/8 will work as the evap and suction line back to the pump. Put it in a styrofoam cooler like suggested. Easy peasy japanesey
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Make a multi captube fed Stanley Cup in honour of the Canucks. SAIT in Calgary has one that's around 3ft high and freezes into a solid sculpture after a week or so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    Make a multi captube fed Stanley Cup in honour of the Canucks. SAIT in Calgary has one that's around 3ft high and freezes into a solid sculpture after a week or so.
    Awsome idea, im doing this for my man cave! Just need to round up some old parts... wonder how one would do a load calc on somthing like that. Probley doesnt need to be to accurate

Post Likes
    Haha I ain't building the Canucks sweet eff all until they actually win a cup

Post Likes
    I like the idea, but would like to add one suggestion. You will need a spring loaded platform and a remote so when you're ready for another one of those chilled beers, Viola!! No getting up!! Make it right and I'll buy one!

Post Likes
    In my class we built a chiller using a spare ac compressor, tube in tube coil, evap coil, blower motor blowing air into a duct with a coil into it, cooling tower, 2 water pumps, couple tanks one to submerge the evap coil that chilled the water that feed chilled water to blower/air coil, the other tank to collect the water from cooling tower to feed back to the tube in tube coil/compressor. Was very basic but taught us the principles of a chiller. Our cooling tower wasn't efficiant as needed so our head pressures went to high. ran out of time, but was a neat little project.

Post Likes
    Van had it on you tube I don't know if it still on there. Good luck on your project and getting a job once done with school. It's a tuff market out there. take anything you can get and watch and learn as much as possible. keep your eyes open and ask questions hopefully your mentors will show you and give you answers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleRefrig View Post
    Haha I ain't building the Canucks sweet eff all until they actually win a cup
    Haha, same attitude as me,last night was brutal, i dont even care anymore

Post Likes
    when I was in school we used a comp / condenser from a coke box and used scrap pipe to build a Christmas tree, it would frost up and people could not believe it was a self snowing tree

Post Likes
    Our project in school was basically the same thing, we chose a mini skating rink, it was time consuming in that to had to build a rink, make it water tight and finally making the refrigeration work, which if memory serves it did not work well if it all..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in