Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2 stage furnace.

Do you setup 2 stage furnace with single stage stat and let the board control 2nd stage. Or install 2 stage stat and let stat control when to turn on second stage. Just wanted to see which way other Techs would setup new installs.

If you set it up with a single stage stat, then it will not function as a true 2 stage furnace....it will simply work off a timer.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

True. But wouldnt it be more for comfort

Both ways... Yeah, that is confusing.

I sell more VS drive furnaces than PSC... depends on the customer and what they buy.

If I am replacing a system with basic equipment and I sell them up to a VS furnace and media filter (most sales); then I use a single stage stat and set the furnace for either 5 or 10 min delay to high. Many installs the furnace does not go into high many times the whole heating season (note I am in a warmer climate).

When the customer buys a nicer system... all of the above plus 2 stage AC... then I generally sell them a high end stat... like the HoneyWell Prestige IAQ YTHX9421R5069 or 5077. Customers seem to like the systems I install... they keep referring me to their friends.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

A 2 stage thermostat should be part of the quote for a 2 stage system if the customer doesn't already have one.

stat, always.

Our company does the two stage furnace with the single stage stat all the time and set the furnace for the 5 min delay.
    We had alot of complaints with 2 stage t-stat, because the furnace would run on low tooooo long ( mental hurdal for the client ).
    It's already bad enought with the older clients " the air isn't hot - turn it up ".
    luck dan

we sell 2 stage furnace with single stat. Furnace runs on 1st stage for 15 - 20 minutes then goes into 2nd stage. The Control Board is operating system. Which way is better for the customer? I would think running longer on 1st stage would make the house feel warmer throughout.

We do both. Depends on if the customer wants to spend a little extra or bare bones minimum.

How often does a customer buy a 2 stage furnace without a 2 stage air conditioner? Why would you force a furnace to run for 5-10 or even 20 minutes before kicking in to second stage when the customer just turned the thermostat up 6 degrees?
    Why not sell the customer full functionality?

~smoke~
    "That motor's done, he let the factory smoke charge out!"

Depends on stat wire, our Tstats are single or 2 stage so if the wires are there then stat if not then board. On high end we pull new wire. Case by case

My criteria is whatever the boss ordered.

nismo1, check out the Honeywell wireless stats. You can get them in a Focus Pro style up to the Prestige line. 2wire or no wire applications

~smoke~
    "That motor's done, he let the factory smoke charge out!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast