Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm working on a site with a boiler lead/lag that doesn't work. It uses the "NOW" command to prove the DAY and TIME.
    If I remember right, it goes:
    1. *R0 = ______ NOW DAY
    2. *R1 = ______ NOW TIME
    3. *IFT = *R0 AND *R1
    4. LEAD = ______ NOT LEAD
    5. END
    6. LAG = ______ NOT LEAD

The above does not make sense to me. It's like someone wanted to prevent rotation.
    Can someone give me the argument statements to rotate weekly?
    I don't see an example in the manual and I can't find anything like a leading or trailing toggle like we use in Staefa programming.
    jogas

Are lead and lag BOP's? And if so, will boiler 1 turn "on" if you control lead to "on"? Also will boiler 2 to run if you control lag to "on"? Or are they BV's? If so it would help if you could post the entire routine containing the variables.

Confused Been a while but

I would think you just pick your lead or lag # and choose your rotation date and times.

Originally posted by mallron
    Are lead and lag BOP's? And if so, will boiler 1 turn "on" if you control lead to "on"? Also will boiler 2 to run if you control lag to "on"? Or are they BV's? If so it would help if you could post the entire routine containing the variables.
    Sorry, forgot to say.
    They are Binary Variables.
    jogas

Originally posted by jogas
    Originally posted by mallron
    Sorry, forgot to say.
    They are Binary Variables.
    How will that affect the routine?
    jogas

Jogas- How will that affect the routine?

Those variables are being used in another routine to determine which BOP's are being turned "on". It would be difficult to write a routine using those variables without knowing how they're being used in the other routine.

JB

If for example logically it means that LEAD is actually means B1 lead and lag means B2 lead it will mean that on rotation day and hour if B1 lead or LEAD was ON now it will be OFF, and accordingly B2 lead will be opposite of what B-1 is now - ON. And if B1 lead or LEAD was OFF it will be ON now, accordingly B2 Lead or LAG will be OFF.

O.K., the LEAD and LAG BV's are used to turn on the hot water pumps, HWP1 and HWP2 as following:
    If LEAD is true, HWP1SS is on, HWP2SS is off.
    If Lag is true, HWP1SS is off, HWP2SS is on.
    That logic works fine.
    Can you explain how the lead/lag statement I described before might work? I need to know the general logic to it as there is nothing in the trane programming manual to learn from.
    Is there a link to explain how to use NOW for lead/lag?
    I'd send you the file, or post a pic, but my old laptop is having problems right now.
    jogas

I got my old laptop working. Here's a link to the Lead Lag routine:
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jogasz28...804076260691/0
    jogas

Works fine on the bench. Check that routine 6 has valid data and is enabled.

Originally posted by old buzzard
    Works fine on the bench. Check that routine 6 has valid data and is enabled.
    Could you PLEASE explain how statements 4,5 & 6 turn the LEAD on and the LAG off, then a week later at the same time turn the LEAD OFF and the LAG on?
    I cannot figure that out.
    jogas

Statment 1 is true on current day of week. Statement 2 is true on current time - 24 hr military time. When statements 1 AND 2 are true the NOT in statement 4 reverses the state of variable LEAD. Satement 6 sets variable LAG to inverse of LEAD. Statements 7 - 10 check the state of LEAD and LAG variables and pick routines 6 and 7.

From my expirience if you are trying to run the programm in exact minute sometimes it won't execute, try to run it once in hour and delete minute statement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast