Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I should re state, unions are code not a specific type

Can ya'll state which code by chapter and verse require unions on water heaters?

FYI, most mfr. install dielectrics in the nipples at the top of the tank.

Any more pics of this install? Scary stuff. What is that flex--dryer vent hose?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    There are 3 threads you haven't been following LOL
    hurtinhvac even wrote a song about Feng

WWFD in my signature thanks to Joehvac25
    ROFL!!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Can ya'll state which code by chapter and verse require unions on water heaters?

FYI, most mfr. install dielectrics in the nipples at the top of the tank.

I sure cant lol, lets just say our inspector requires them there for I assume its code, but you know what the say about assuming things!

um, huh huh, huh, dude...it's power vented with a box fan....that's kewl, huh huh, huh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Sorry hearthman, that's the only pic he took. It was actually a piece of chimney liner. It wasn't even secured to the draft hood, just lying there. That is scary stuff. He called his boss and was told to shut it down and have customer sign invoice. Customer did not want repairs made I guess. Dangers were fully explained. I suppose HO will have another go at venting it to save a few bucks.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I sure cant lol, lets just say our inspector requires them there for I assume its code, but you know what the say about assuming things!
    ha ha, and you know what they say about inspectors, lol.

Lol he missed the party bus on that one, do a search for a professional hvac tech, youl find him
    Found him. And read through some of the threads. Funny how he never replies. Or, maybe I haven't gotten to one with a reply from Feng yet. I'll keep searching. Awesome song too. Joe, was hurtin correct in saying you had something to do with writing that song?
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

I coined the phrase what would feng do (WWFD) lol, I'm sure you had heard of WWJD? Jesus

Love the song!

It starts out with a sweet Asian sound.

I coined the phrase what would feng do (WWFD) lol, I'm sure you had heard of WWJD? Jesus
    Yep. Heard WWJD and noticed WWFD in hurtin's sig line. Wondered what it meant. Now I know.

I to missed the feng buss, just did a quick forum search, was not disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    Sorry hearthman, that's the only pic he took. It was actually a piece of chimney liner. It wasn't even secured to the draft hood, just lying there. That is scary stuff. He called his boss and was told to shut it down and have customer sign invoice. Customer did not want repairs made I guess. Dangers were fully explained. I suppose HO will have another go at venting it to save a few bucks.
    I hope you followed it up with a detailed certified letter return receipt to the homeowner and the local AHJ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast