+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water heater venting fubar

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Lol he missed the party bus on that one, do a search for a professional hvac tech, youl find him
    Found him. And read through some of the threads. Funny how he never replies. Or, maybe I haven't gotten to one with a reply from Feng yet. I'll keep searching. Awesome song too. Joe, was hurtin correct in saying you had something to do with writing that song?
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    I coined the phrase what would feng do (WWFD) lol, I'm sure you had heard of WWJD? Jesus

Post Likes
    Love the song!

It starts out with a sweet Asian sound.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I coined the phrase what would feng do (WWFD) lol, I'm sure you had heard of WWJD? Jesus
    Yep. Heard WWJD and noticed WWFD in hurtin's sig line. Wondered what it meant. Now I know.
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    I to missed the feng buss, just did a quick forum search, was not disappointed!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    Sorry hearthman, that's the only pic he took. It was actually a piece of chimney liner. It wasn't even secured to the draft hood, just lying there. That is scary stuff. He called his boss and was told to shut it down and have customer sign invoice. Customer did not want repairs made I guess. Dangers were fully explained. I suppose HO will have another go at venting it to save a few bucks.
    I hope you followed it up with a detailed certified letter return receipt to the homeowner and the local AHJ.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I hope you followed it up with a detailed certified letter return receipt to the homeowner and the local AHJ.
    Yep yep. CYA dude. CYA.

Post Likes
    couldnt help but laugh at that one lol

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes

The proper way to install a water heater is shown below in pictures.

I had a little go around with the installer on the phone, he swore up and down the water heater was one installed to code and two he could get half a dozen master plumbers and hvac guys he knows to vouch for his installation. In fact he has been in the business for 5 years and all of his water tanks were installed this way.

I handed the installation instructions and the phone to the HO and had him read the part about how this water heater cannot be vented into a common flue. Also having him read the warning about using only pvc for venting material.

Fernco fittings were definitely not mentioned as alternatives to pvc, neither was the glue-less pvc fittings.

I was called out because gas boiler was completely carbonized to the point the roll and blocked vent switch were burnt to a crisp.

The boiler is another wall of shame worthy install, nice how the installer decided to install it just behind a pole. The HO told me the original water tank was on the right side of the boiler hence the unsupported gas line horizontally across the front of the boiler, and the turned up 3 inch sheet metal flue. Said the pole was there first, hard to believe but then if you I had taken pictures of the high velocity blower coil 5 feet father down from the boiler you would understand what a cluster F of a job the entire house renovation was. One of the high velocity vents is in the middle of the hallway adjacent to the thermostat, which is installed on an outside wall.

Next time I get out there I will post up the pictures of the high velocity system for a good laugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Post Likes
    You are getting very sleepy......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in