Thread: Manometer

Manometer

I am looking at picking up a manometer to check air pressure on RTU units. Which Dwyer manometer should I pick up for this type of reading? What model number does anybody recommend?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by phxhvac View Post
    I am looking at picking up a manometer to check air pressure on RTU units. Which Dwyer manometer should I pick up for this type of reading? What model number does anybody recommend?

Go to Dwyer site and choose the one that has a range of -4"WC to +4"WC. Its about $120. If you dont see it on the site, call them.

Its made in the USA.

Dwyer 2001 which is 0-1.0" wc is good for static air pressures. Dwyer 2010= 0-10" and dwyer 2015=0-15" which would be good for gas pressure. They sell for $63.50 at some sites.

I see commercial VAV RTU static pressure in the 1.00"- 2.00" range all the time. Sometimes higher with improper control. I second hvac5646's suggestion.

I am sure you are correct, i do mostly residential. That number would be 2020. It also shows to be $63.50.

This site has really opened my eyes about the difference in how residential and commercial static is used and controlled. I plan to one day educate myself (mostly thru this site) on resi static to improve my home unit's efficiency. When I have the time, that is ....

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Go to Dwyer site and choose the one that has a range of -4"WC to +4"WC. Its about $120. If you dont see it on the site, call them.

Its made in the USA.
    Thanks do you have a model # for that meter?

Quote Originally Posted by phxhvac View Post
    Thanks do you have a model # for that meter?

Sorry...no i don't. I just happened on them and didn't write the numbers down. Like I said, go to Dwyer site and call them...they will look it up for you.

And if you can find in for $63, jump on it. As long as it is made here that is.

I would have Dwyer in a second if I could, company bought a UEI 201. I was in fear of my life about it so to speak, but I will say it is dead on accurate. The other products they make have failed in the ground horribly.

I wish I'd gotten one with a lower setting. I bought mine to test static pressure, but tried to use it on a induced draft furnace to test the pressure switch. It only goes to -1". You might want to keep this in mind.

Fieldpiece makes a digital that is perfect... Use for high,low, air,flue,gas..