Post Likes

I need some suggestions

I know everyone is smack in the middle of heating season, so I figured a manometer question would be good right about now.

I'm in need of a good manometer and have been eyeing that Fieldpiece SDMN6. I like how it has a built-in draft simulator and all, but I've never owned a manometer. Consequently, I have no experience with which to judge products, and I want to hear the thoughts of you more knowledgable veterans.

On an unrelated note, I just picked up the Hilmor bender and swaging tool kits. I have used them both a few times now and am totally impressed. What a great couple of hand tools to own.

Post Likes
    I own the sdmn6 and testo 510. They are both very good manometers.

I would choose the sdmn6 because it has the extra draft tester feature.

Post Likes
    I bought that Feildpiece a few months back and now wonder how I got along without it.
    It's been a huge help for duct pressures, gas pressures including mod burners, and a few weeks back I did a call at the owners house that I never would have figured out without it.
    You can get that manometer for a little less money in the SDNM5, it has the same features except the pressure switch tester.
    3 other guys I work with went and bought one when they saw mine. And I wasn't trying to sell the thing on them either.

Post Likes
    You ought to ask FP for some sales commission, rider!

Post Likes
    Tell me about it lol.........but somehow I don't think FP would see it that way.

Post Likes
    I'm got fp sdmn6 couple weeks ago. Never using one before it was extremely easy to figure it out. Already got my money out of it in first week. First fp I bought and plan on getting more from them if it lasts.

Post Likes
    I got the 6 too. That pressure switch tester is awesome. Used it the other day to set a replacement (adjustable) press switch exactly where the old one opened/closed.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm going to pick one of these up tomorrow.