+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on new hammer drill?

Post Likes
    My hammer drill finally gave out.Looking for opinions on a new one.My old one was a makita,it served me well but I do not trust their newer products.Looking for a lighter duty type,mostly will use for drop in anchors and other small stuff.Was thinking hilti or bosch.What are you guys using?

Post Likes
    I’m now using the Dewalt DC925 I had been using Makita then moved to ridgid for a short time and just got the Dewalt a week ago its got the best chuck I’ve ever used is well thought out and balanced. It’s also impossible to beat the versatility offered by the dewalt battery system.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    i have a ridgid and i hate it
    worst tools i have ever bought
    had a porter cable before and have used dewalt (still have cordless dewalts) i liked both of those

Post Likes
    we use a dewalt 18v for small anchors and tapcon screws. anything much larger we use a bosch rotary hammer.

Post Likes
    O yeah.
    DeWalt for sure.

My kids ripped mine off (Had four hammers at 18v and three striahht drill motors) but they were the best tool i'v ever had.

Now I have to buy new ones, damn

Post Likes
    I gave up buying dewalt cordless tools.I had three drills burn out under warranty.I had to jump through so many hoops to get repairs,also had to ship out for repair...one took about six months to get returned.I have dewalt cordless,recip saw,circulator saw,and power shears.I have had no other problems except with the drills,but I told myself that I would never purchase another one from them. As for the hammer drill I am looking for a corded one.

Post Likes
    corded bosh

Post Likes
    Drop in anchors? Get a rotary hammer, not a hammer drill. Much faster and quieter.

Cordless is nice, but the good ones are pricey.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Post Likes

Graingers

When I asked them which models get returned for service the least, they all replied for hammer drills, its Milwaukee, head & shoulders above even Bosch. Not all Milwaukee tools but at least in the hammer drills.

HTH

Post Likes
    I have a Hilti TE5 for anchors and Milwaukee Eagle for the core bits. I like the Hilti better.

Post Likes
    I use the Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill/hammerdrill. But I dont do a lot of hammer drilling. When I use it a lot or a large hole I use a Milwaukee eagle. It’s a little big and overkill but very nice when taking bricks out for pvc flues

Post Likes
    Hilti is JUST about making quick work of sinkers of any and all dimensions! Period.

All other tools are for drilling holes. Hilti has this sinker business down to a fine art.

Post Likes
    There's a reason why Hilti is known worldwide for it's tools(like Catepillar and equipment). Go hilti all the way.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in