Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darn trojan

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

My IT friend who suggested combofix did say getting it from bleeping computer.

This is at work with a crazy network and a crazy IT lady who keeps finding ways to blame me for it like using Firefox not IE, going on Facebook for 30 seconds to send a message to a customer or running Outlook with the preview pane open. I pointed out I do lots riskier things at home without a problem.
    A successful story here.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/thread...st-exe.129642/
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Sorry boys, not those kind of Trojans

Regular Malwarebytes doesn't touch it. What is the MB anti-root tool thingie? Might it get what the regular one doesn't? I'll sure try Bill's suggestion of running it in safe mode.

My IT friend who suggested combofix did say getting it from bleeping computer.

This is at work with a crazy network and a crazy IT lady who keeps finding ways to blame me for it like using Firefox not IE, going on Facebook for 30 seconds to send a message to a customer or running Outlook with the preview pane open. I pointed out I do lots riskier things at home without a problem.
    The malwarebytes ant-rootkit tool is like combofix but supposed to be safer, supposed to, because I have not gotten to use it on anything yet.

Depending on what the virus has done to the system combofix goes in a uses alot of tools that computer experts use on a lot but normally one at a time. The problem is that it's like a nuclear option in that it tends to either fix the system, or you end up reinstalling the OS. It's a good tool but I view it as a last resort.

svchost.exe is a classic target of viruses because there are always tons on them running the in the process view of the task manager making it imposable for people like me to go in a manually kill it.

I would try a couple of the normal tools like some others have suggested in the thread, then move to malwarebytes anti-rootkit. Bleeping computers have a forum set up to help out with problems like this. They tend to advise using combofix last and will ask you to run logging tools to find out exactly what has changed on your system. Stuff like seek and destroy.

Your best bet is to save /backup important files, not an entire backup,, Than reinstall operating system. Only way to guarantee. Never use explorer firefox is safer
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/win...w-308741.shtml

This is the safer tool mind you. Rootkits are nasty things, I really hope you don't have one on your system

Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    Your best bet is to save /backup important files, not an entire backup,, Than reinstall operating system. Only way to guarantee. Never use explorer firefox is safer
    He is right about this. It hurts and is painful but backing up important files, formatting the partitian and full reinstall is the only guarantee these days. I prefer chrome, but almost anything is better the IE,

When reinstall and all your basics Browser,,addons antivirus r up and running than go to search programs and type cmd u will have a black screen type netstat -ano

take a snapshot of it,, than compare to another one a few weeks down the road and see who's communicating with your computer. This is the only 100 percent way of telling whats really communicating. Very important that everybody does this.

I would run system restore first.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    He is right about this. It hurts and is painful but backing up important files, formatting the partitian and full reinstall is the only guarantee these days. I prefer chrome, but almost anything is better the IE,
    iM A BIG FAN OF CHROME with all the goog add on's etc....I use when lets say normal searching/tasty surfing. When i surf things i dont want the world to know i use firefox/duck duck go.

Just the thought of working on one of googles office units is scary. I sign there ticket and they have access to my entire search history that's cree.py

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12