Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hey Hearth...

I have a buck that says our O2 starved drive by liberal could care less... He thinks if he gets his share... the rest of us are just his pawns. What he does not realize is the power mongers take EVERYONE down when they want power.

I wonder how long until airhead figures out he is just a tool of Das Furer... and is expendable.
    GA, you really shouldn't drink and post. I really brings out your mean side.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Hey Hearth...

I have a buck that says our O2 starved drive by liberal could care less... He thinks if he gets his share... the rest of us are just his pawns. What he does not realize is the power mongers take EVERYONE down when they want power.

I wonder how long until airhead figures out he is just a tool of Das Furer... and is expendable.
    Godwin's Law.

Could someone please explain this to me? Why is it that when the U.S. seems to be in trouble, such as the current fiscal fight, that people flock to the U.S. dollar? I would think that if a country's finances take an unstable tact (markets like stability) that investors would start moving their money elsewhere. The same thing happened when the credit rating of the U.S. took a hit and I find it odd.

Canadian dollar lower, greenback strengthens on U.S. debt ceiling concerns

Canada's commodity-sensitive dollar closed slightly lower Tuesday as a stronger U.S. greenback pressured prices for oil and copper.

The loonie slipped 0.03 of a cent from Monday's close to 101.62 cents US.

The American dollar strengthened amid growing concerns about a political standoff in Washington over the U.S. government’s debt ceiling.

On Tuesday, Fitch Ratings warned that the United States could lose its top credit rating for the second time if there’s a delay in raising the ceiling.

Congress has to increase the country’s debt limit by March 1 or face a potential default. There are fears that the debate will descend into the sort of squabbling and political brinkmanship that marked the last effort to raise the ceiling in the summer of 2011.

The higher U.S. dollar helped send commodities lower because a stronger greenback makes it more expensive for holders of other currencies to buy oil and metals that are dollar-denominated.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...186931991.html
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Could someone please explain this to me? Why is it that when the U.S. seems to be in trouble, such as the current fiscal fight, that people flock to the U.S. dollar? I would think that if a country's finances take an unstable tact (markets like stability) that investors would start moving their money elsewhere. The same thing happened when the credit rating of the U.S. took a hit and I find it odd.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...186931991.html
    I'm not sure if its the whole answer; but it seems that whenever there is any uncertainity in the US or abroad, that as bad as we are at times, most would rather own dollars than most other options. Its often referred to as "flight to safety". Also anything that hurts the US economy could likely hurt other countries even harder.
    We're still number one for now......I think.....

Here is a thought about the debt limit or lack there of;

Why would you fight hard to try to do a good job when you can not be fired? They are untouchable! Once they are tenured they have nothing to lose. We pay them about 165K per year, (for the rest of their lives) they are tax free, they get free gold plated medical paid for by you and me, they are allowed to absolutely steal from us in the form of insider trading! And whatever form of free goodies they get by those selling their goods to the US. ie; Lobbyists..

They have no desire to work hard for the people because when we get mad at them and vote them out they go home and still collect their (OUR) money!

How many Billions does that equal per year? I am afraid to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I'm not sure if its the whole answer; but it seems that whenever there is any uncertainity in the US or abroad, that as bad as we are at times, most would rather own dollars than most other options. Its often referred to as "flight to safety". Also anything that hurts the US economy could likely hurt other countries even harder.
    We're still number one for now......I think.....
    One needs to remember: In financial markets (the trading of paper instruments representing money); there is lots of 'market making'... which in simple terms is 'market manipulation'. It is EASY to move a market in the direction one wants it to appear... any investment house with, say, $50M to invest; can move the market and make $$$ off the play. Given this truth (after trading for decades it is as evident as SH and SC); one learns to take the fundamentals of the markets with a grain of salt.

Follow the money trail to see who profits from what... and you will find the market maker. Then study what they want and what they are doing... and you will find what, and more importantly WHY the market is moving as it is.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    Here is a thought about the debt limit or lack there of;

Why would you fight hard to try to do a good job when you can not be fired? They are untouchable! Once they are tenured they have nothing to lose. We pay them about 165K per year, (for the rest of their lives) they are tax free, they get free gold plated medical paid for by you and me, they are allowed to absolutely steal from us in the form of insider trading! And whatever form of free goodies they get by those selling their goods to the US. ie; Lobbyists..

They have no desire to work hard for the people because when we get mad at them and vote them out they go home and still collect their (OUR) money!

How many Billions does that equal per year? I am afraid to look it up.
    \

And "We the People" have this thing called the US Constitution... which authorizes us to deal with this problem... All we have to do is:
    Grow a set...
    Study and understand the Constitution... and
    Just do it (take our country back).

Wonder how long until (hopefully it will happen) we do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

\

And "We the People" have this thing called the US Constitution... which authorizes us to deal with this problem... All we have to do is:
    Grow a set...

Take it back how?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

\

Grow a set...

Take it back from who?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain

From those that are doing things that "WE The People" don't want. The ones that have voted themselves eternal pay!

So what to do?

IMO the only solution is to CHANGE the polecats. I noted that at the election a few mos ago... Public approval of Congress was in the teens... like 15% of the country approved of what Congress was doing. Yet something like 90% of the incumbents running for election were re-elected.

If we want to get our country straightened out... that kind of apathy has to change. Folks need to vote based on what is good for a FREE country... NOT what lines their wallets. The latter is proven to DESTROY countries.
    I wonder how much pain of remaining the same is necessary... to cause REAL change?
    My congressman caught some serious grief from the national media for voting down the hurricane Sandy relief bill. The national media crucified him because he was from the Katrina area and he should have known how bad they needed the bill.

What they didn't tell you is he voted against the bill because they loaded it up like a Christmas tree with pork from other parts of the country. He wanted the TOTAL money to go ONLY to Sandy relief.
    We have seen first hand how the Feds WASTES money when it comes to "relief".

I will be willing to bet anything they will use that against him in, when it comes time for reelection.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Godwin's Law.
    I had to look it up....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.

Although in one of its early forms Godwin's law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[4] the law is now often applied to any threaded online discussion, such as forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, and has been invoked for the inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches.[5]
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

I think Godwin was right. Seems both sides compare each other to Hitler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12