Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valves aren't what they used to be. I heat sink the valves with extra rags...makes brazing a little tougher, but at least I don't cook any more cheap Chinese valves.

I'd hate to be the guy using a Turbo Torch these day...you have to use them full open and you can't adjust the flame size. Makes for any easy overheat situation.

I know few guys who can use a Turbo with out over heating line set and valves.

what the brand of that pinch off tool.

Quote Originally Posted by trai View Post
    what the brand of that pinch off tool.
    Imperial tools makes one.

For what it's worth I personally would not use a pinch off tool on a thru type line. On a process tube or to remove a pressure switch is one thing. Pinching a line then re rounding it is h*ll on the tube wall. That's my

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    For what it's worth I personally would not use a pinch off tool on a thru type line. On a process tube or to remove a pressure switch is one thing. Pinching a line then re rounding it is h*ll on the tube wall. That's my
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by timjimbob View Post
    myott- get a pinchoff tool or two. You can stop the refrigerant in copper tube like it was a valve and open it later.

Great for adding a LL filter without having to pump down system, or if your service valve is broke.
    If you do crimp off area to add a liquid line dryer how do then evacuate the area between the crimped area? Adding a shrader valve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Solutions Heating and Air, Inc. Jacksonville, Florida "Solutions for All Your HVAC Needs"

Quote Originally Posted by myott View Post
    If you do crimp off area to add a liquid line dryer how do then evacuate the area between the crimped area? Adding a shrader valve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    just use the low side valve port

you will have low side valve closed off , so the shrader will still be available to you on the evap side

you could add a 1/4" tap. Use two pinch offs, cut out old filter and reinstall filter w/ shrader and pull a 5 minute vacuum. reform tube.

I'm not a fan of pulling vacuum through a TXV.

Now that I think about it , if you did the pinch off way , your better off adding a shrader near the bad valve , otherwise you wont be able to flow nitro while brazing. Now you can pull a vac from both sides as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12