+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Efficiency Standards Settlement

Post Likes

Efficiency Standards Settlement

Did anyone else read this? I'm assuming this just means we are putting off the changes for another year.

"The terms of the settlement would vacate the current non-weatherized gas furnace and mobile home gas furnace standards, which were to be effective on May 1, 2013, and begin the process for developing a new standard within a year of the finalization of the settlement agreement."

http://www.hardinet.org/news/2013/01...s-been-reached

Post Likes
    Very interesting

Post Likes
    Sounds good to me.

Post Likes
    That's good news. Hopefully the next process will be a bit more transparent and the general public better informed.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    Yes, read this and found this:

"The DOE has agreed to amend some of its data collection and information sharing procedures for this rulemaking." from article in http://www.achrnews.com Huh??

I work in the wholesale end of this. After prepping my contractors for the change what do I tell them now?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahpwilde View Post

"The DOE has agreed to amend some of its data collection and information sharing procedures for this rulemaking." from article in http://www.achrnews.com Huh??

I work in the wholesale end of this. After prepping my contractors for the change what do I tell them now?
    Tell them congress out ranks you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahpwilde View Post

Tell them that you understand they're trying hard to earn a living and keep the trust of their customers, but the bureaucrats and lawyers aren't done making their money yet.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    Suscribe.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Suscribe.
    X2

Post Likes
    Judge still hasn't signed it as far as I know, but my co. is confident enough to officially state it is off for the foreseeable future.

And I just ordered a Klein slip joint hose clamp pliers for those pesky hose spring clamps I was expecting to quickly see much more of...

Post Likes
    Just in case those following this thread haven't heard, furnaces have been taken out of the regional standards forever. The DOE gave up when they couldn't come up with any practical guidelines or justification for creating a situation where some Americans can buy a certain product and other Americans cannot. I think it had to do with creating border patrols and having to have anti-furnace running guard stations at all roads between northern and southern states that caused the DOE to give up.

The DOE will need to start over in order to implement another furnace fascism fiasco. The condenser/heat pump idiocy is still slated to be in effect, but HARDI is still fighting that one as well.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Why not start simple and require them for all new construction and not focus on replacments. Require load calculations too.

Better yet, just leave it up to individual states.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    This should never have become a Federal government issue.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Most things shouldnt. Founding fargers would probably unanmously agree on that.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Damn, and I had a whole business model planned based exchanging 80% furnaces for 13 SEER condensers with a yankee, and reselling them locally for a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Most things shouldnt. Founding fargers would probably unanmously agree on that.
    See my sig line for my thoughts on the subject.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in