Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This country will not work for long if we operate a dog-eat-dog mentality where everyone is out to profit by literally screwing everyone they can. Freedom cannot survive that kind of childish greed.
    I love this quote, agree 100% and I agree with you on most the points you make there; however, to clarify when I was talking about profits since 2010 not just the profits earned this year from publishing those. 2010 is the year she was made President of the company and Chief Operating Officer, 2011 she was named CEO. She worked for 27 years in that company with 12 years prior in the banking field and did a good job, her making that much money does seem outlandish but give credit where credit is due, she probably earned it.
    People like her are not the issue. Our country will not work for long on a selfish greedy attitude I agree but anyone who works for what they have, even if it seems really extreme is not the type of selfish greed I see destroying our country. I see our country being destroyed by a selfish greed where people just want everything handed to them blaming their problems on anything but themselves. Alot of our citizens are taking the approach of "I have no money and its too hard to make money so I will just live off of those that have worked for theirs". I had a discussion the other day while changing a compressor with a 26 year old college graduate who said he paid for the education with government grants, and who lived in a house with his mother on his grandfathers ranch and neither of them worked. The grandfather whom I believe he said was 82 was out in the field working and both of them lived off food stamps, disability and unemployment while the old man was paying their bills. He said rich people had enough money they could pay higher taxes to fund programs because they didnt need or deserve that much money. THAT is what is going to kill our country's operation.

Quote Originally Posted by TXTech1 View Post
    I love this quote, agree 100% and I agree with you on most the points you make there; however, to clarify when I was talking about profits since 2010 not just the profits earned this year from publishing those. 2010 is the year she was made President of the company and Chief Operating Officer, 2011 she was named CEO. She worked for 27 years in that company with 12 years prior in the banking field and did a good job, her making that much money does seem outlandish but give credit where credit is due, she probably earned it.
    People like her are not the issue. Our country will not work for long on a selfish greedy attitude I agree but anyone who works for what they have, even if it seems really extreme is not the type of selfish greed I see destroying our country. I see our country being destroyed by a selfish greed where people just want everything handed to them blaming their problems on anything but themselves. Alot of our citizens are taking the approach of "I have no money and its too hard to make money so I will just live off of those that have worked for theirs". I had a discussion the other day while changing a compressor with a 26 year old college graduate who said he paid for the education with government grants, and who lived in a house with his mother on his grandfathers ranch and neither of them worked. The grandfather whom I believe he said was 82 was out in the field working and both of them lived off food stamps, disability and unemployment while the old man was paying their bills. He said rich people had enough money they could pay higher taxes to fund programs because they didnt need or deserve that much money. THAT is what is going to kill our country's operation.
    Good post!

You do not know me well... let me introduce myself: GA (read my profile) has been doing something or another for HO's for over 33 years... the most recent decade+ in heat and AC. I grew up in Houston, and probably am to the right of the founding fathers politically. Sometimes I tend to express myself with a lot of zeal...

I have traded the markets for close to 2 decades... have read more annual reports than IOM manuals... So yeah... I understand the corporate world. There is no doubt she earned her $$$...
    It is the attitude of thinking the world is her playpen and us 'common working class folks' are' expendable toys' the rich seem to have... that GA (I) am not particularly appreciative of. Imagine how long a trades contractor would last treating their customers like that... And her hubby makes his living off govt contracts... Does not add up to folks with their fellow American's good will at heart. More like elites that would lie to and cheat their own parents for a buck.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Thanks! I have only been around the industry a few years now, got into it after building an inventory database and implementing it for a HVAC/ Electrical/Irrigation/Communications company while I managed their network. I would sneak out of the office with the service tech once in awhile for a break from indoors and ended up getting interested. Spent a couple years installing, doing alot of learning how things ran while I studied the principles of refrigeration and read anything I could get my hands on, now the last few years been working as a service tech. I agree that there is a building elitist type attitude out there that I dont appreciate but its really the people on the other end of the spectrum with the woe me attitude that get to me more. There are now, more than ever before, oppurtunities abundant in this country. If you put forth the effort to gain knowledge and skills there is no reason you cant be doing something that you like doing while making a living.

Quote Originally Posted by TXTech1 View Post
    Thanks! I have only been around the industry a few years now, got into it after building an inventory database and implementing it for a HVAC/ Electrical/Irrigation/Communications company while I managed their network. I would sneak out of the office with the service tech once in awhile for a break from indoors and ended up getting interested. Spent a couple years installing, doing alot of learning how things ran while I studied the principles of refrigeration and read anything I could get my hands on, now the last few years been working as a service tech. I agree that there is a building elitist type attitude out there that I dont appreciate but its really the people on the other end of the spectrum with the woe me attitude that get to me more. There are now, more than ever before, oppurtunities abundant in this country. If you put forth the effort to gain knowledge and skills there is no reason you cant be doing something that you like doing while making a living.
    You might consider applying for PRO status. What you are seeing as a 'guest' is a small fraction of what is at H-talk... most of the good stuff is behind the PRO door. You have the post count... and your involvement in the industry should qualify you. Look at the bottom of a post by a MOD (K-fridge, JPSmith, BeenThere, etc)... and follow the link.

I am looking for a new IT guy... mine moved away. Need to rebuild a few boxes from WinXP to Win7... along with some other stuff. The commute to GA would be costly though...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12