Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,107

    FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) works both ways:

    Seems the lady who posted the names and addresses of all the gun folks in Westchester and Rockland counties... well here is her information... free to anyone who wants it (FOIA):

    Meet Gracia C Martore
    President and CEO of Gannett that publishes the Journal New, indluding the list of names and addresses of pistol/handgun holders in Westchester and Rockland Counties:
    Compensation for 2011:
    Salary: $848,077
    Bonus: $1,200,000
    All other compensation: $118,405
    Option awards: $1,444,000
    Other compensation earnings: $1,082,927
    Total compensation for 2011: $4,693,809

    Husband is Joe Martore, CEO of Calibre Corp... He was named 2012 Contractor of the Year in the $75M-$300M category at the 10th Anniversary Greater Washington GOVERNMENT Contractors Awards.
    Address:
    728 Springvale Rd
    GreatFalls VA 22066
    Ph: 703-759-5954; 703-759-9245

    BTW: The Martone family have a staff of private bodygaurds who live in the guest house...

    Wonder why...
    (end)

    This was in an attachment to an Email which came across my box...

    Note this is not posted for any criminal intent... as that would be illegal.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Well, well, well........Does SHE really NEED that bonus? The oil execs. obviously don't, but it's ok for this lackey? Another Dem tool. Do as they say, not as they do.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,808
    Another dem tool that takes in 4 million a year..... Something nobody on this forum at least had the drive, determination or brainpower to do.....lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Another dem tool that takes in 4 million a year..... Something nobody on this forum at least had the drive, determination or brainpower to do.....lol
    Speak for yourself.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,107
    In reference to Corny's post... Maybe some of the guys at H-talk chose things other than selling their soul for $$$.

    BTW: Corny... I do not see YOU doing what you suggest others should do... perhaps you can enlighten us as to what we should do... FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE (documentable that is).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,808
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In reference to Corny's post... Maybe some of the guys at H-talk chose things other than selling their soul for $$$.

    BTW: Corny... I do not see YOU doing what you suggest others should do... perhaps you can enlighten us as to what we should do... FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE (documentable that is).
    Well GA...... the ******* *****, I guess we all should have studied harder in school and got an education that would have allowed us to get into a better field......or we should have driven ourselves harder and not settled for what we fell into.

    Thats the only difference between blue collar slugs and millionaires...... some of us just didnt have the brain power......or we just we not smart enough or hard working enough to become wealthy.....

    Really nothing we can do GA......or we would have already done it........lol

    Now as for documentable...... you are the only one around here that refers to himself in third person..... of course I dont believe documentable is quite the word for it......

    I would enjoy hearing everyones lies about how they are in the job or position in right now that they are most happy at and how they wouldnt want to be a wealthy millionaire with loads of disposable income at their fingertips..... How that money is just trouble and how the millionaires just have other problems.... problems that are not worth the money...

    Yes... lets here those lies.....

    I enjoy crawling under damp houses and fixin peoples furnaces.....

    I enjoy standing out on top of a roof in frigid weather wrestling panels off an rtu and changing those compressors.

    I sleep perfectly fine at night after a day of selling people parts they dont need.....( many actually dont have a problem with that...and thats sad )

    I enjoy sitting in loud chiller rooms and electrical rooms all day at my folding table sitting in my cushioned folding chair staring into a laptop screen...... ( I actually do.... but that still doesnt mean I wouldnt enjoy having some kind of cushy office job pulling down a few million a year......lol)

    We can enjoy our jobs..... but only because we settle for them..... lack of gumption...drive and determination.... we lack something that would enable us to make the big bucks.....

    Either that or we are just too stupid.....


    documentable.... thats rich.......and you certainly are........
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,107
    If rather win the lottery, and keep doing what I'm doing, or screwing around on a laptop connected to a chiller.

    Life is boring with out all the crap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,270
    I partied way too much as a young lad.....that's my excuse for not having millions.

    Seriously though, it pisses me off more to see what is happening (for the past 100 years) to this Country than not to be a millionaire. Near death experiences tend to change a persons perspective on monetary things.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 01-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,107
    The point of posting the information was not to start 'income greed' or 'have vs have not' arguments...

    The purpose was to expose three things:
    One: A person who publishes the names and addresses of registered gun-owners... can have their name and address published also.
    Two: The person who woudl publish the names and addresses of gunowners.. has gun toting security living on their property... kinda a double standard there. and
    Three: The kind of person who would do such a thing... is also ripping off the public in many other ways.

    IMO a wise person would be suspect of anything written in the news rag they publish... probably choose to get their news elsewhere.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The point of posting the information was not to start 'income greed' or 'have vs have not' arguments...

    The purpose was to expose three things:
    One: A person who publishes the names and addresses of registered gun-owners... can have their name and address published also.
    Two: The person who woudl publish the names and addresses of gunowners.. has gun toting security living on their property... kinda a double standard there. and
    Three: The kind of person who would do such a thing... is also ripping off the public in many other ways.

    IMO a wise person would be suspect of anything written in the news rag they publish... probably choose to get their news elsewhere.
    Exactly. Why is it that libs have a short attention span? Or is it designed that way? Alot of us can see thru the BS.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,107
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Exactly. Why is it that libs have a short attention span? Or is it designed that way? Alot of us can see thru the BS.
    You will appreciate this...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA

    To answer your question: IMO they truly believe they have the right to use others for their gain... and they are not man enough to admit it.
    Kinda like the playground bully with passive behavior... they think they are 'smart' when they manipulate others. I guess it gives them a sense of power or something.
    What is really fun is to go on their forums and stir the pot... you get some really childish reactions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Not to restart the argument but I have to respond to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Well GA...... the ******* *****, I guess we all should have studied harder in school and got an education that would have allowed us to get into a better field......or we should have driven ourselves harder and not settled for what we fell into.
    I had a 4.0 through high school 3.4 GPA in college studying Computer Information Systems with an emphasis in Network Security, scored a 31 of possible 36 on ACT, and left a Network Admin job one year out of college because I didnt enjoy it. I now work as a service technician on HVAC systems because I enjoy the work. Not saying that I wouldnt take millions in my bank account or that there arent days that I hate crawling under houses and through attics; however, I would not go back to the "better field" with my "education" because I am happy with my job and challenged by it quite often when troubleshooting problems that arise. Not all of us are uneducated fools and unhappy with what we "settled for", your post gives a good insight into your own self worth but do not assume the rest of us share your misery.

    *On Topic* I believe it was wrong ethically for the newspaper to publish the information, but it was within their First Amendment rights as much as it is the rights of the people on the list to own the guns. You can not aggressively defend one right and disregard others, but it seems that people on both sides of this debate want to do just that. I support the right to gun ownership but just because I disagree with the morals of the article I won't say that they should not have been able to print it. As for her deserving the bonus, from the looks of the growth of the company's profits she probably did.
    Last edited by TXTech1; 01-15-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Typo on BB Code

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,107
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTech1 View Post
    Not to restart the argument but I have to respond to this.
    I had a 4.0 through high school 3.4 GPA in college studying Computer Information Systems with an emphasis in Network Security, scored a 31 of possible 36 on ACT, and left a Network Admin job one year out of college because I didnt enjoy it. I now work as a service technician on HVAC systems because I enjoy the work. Not saying that I wouldnt take millions in my bank account or that there arent days that I hate crawling under houses and through attics; however, I would not go back to the "better field" with my "education" because I am happy with my job and challenged by it quite often when troubleshooting problems that arise. Not all of us are uneducated fools and unhappy with what we "settled for", your post gives a good insight into your own self worth but do not assume the rest of us share your misery.

    *On Topic* I believe it was wrong ethically for the newspaper to publish the information, but it was within their First Amendment rights as much as it is the rights of the people on the list to own the guns. You can not aggressively defend one right and disregard others, but it seems that people on both sides of this debate want to do just that. I support the right to gun ownership but just because I disagree with the morals of the article I won't say that they should not have been able to print it. As for her deserving the bonus, from the looks of the growth of the company's profits she probably did.
    Just my here:

    Lets say she did indeed 'earn' that bonus... however it was earned by publishing the names and addresses of gun owners... which brought revenue to the co. Now lets say a few of those gun owners met with violence from non-gun folks (yes, it does happen) as a result of the publishing of their names and addresses.

    Do we say:
    "Oh... it was her right to publish the names and addresses"
    "She has a right to do whatever she wants to as long as she 'did nothing wrong' (typical defense of a polecat)."
    "Is this good or bad or dirty or perhaps evil $$$ she earned" (remember, we are assuming someone suffered violence because of the published names/addresses).
    "She had a moral obligation to NOT publish the names and addresses... because we all have a moral obligation to respect our fellow Americans"

    Which one(s) would be 'American' and which ones would not be 'American'?

    This country will not work for long if we operate a dog-eat-dog mentality where everyone is out to profit by literally screwing everyone they can. Freedom cannot survive that kind of childish greed.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event