Has anybody found anything that can beat an H-10? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I many years ago worked for SASSO Air Conditioning in Lake Worth, Fl.
    I started using a H-10
    Sasso would get calls from other HVAC companies because they were not able to find a small leak.
    I would be sent and I would always find the leak.
    I would tell the customer I can find a leak as small as 1/4oz per year leakage.
    I am still now using my H-10 and would never use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    H10 pm has adapter to be 115v I have it. If it dies you can plug up. I also bought the d tek select , I am not impressed with it.
    The adapter as far as I can tell isn't available anymore. If anyone knows where to find one that would be great.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The adapter as far as I can tell isn't available anymore. If anyone knows where to find one that would be great.
    I guess they have the dual voltage adapter now (115v to 230v). Just use any adapter with 12v and current rating no less than 2A, I use external hard drive adapter and H10PM works the best. If you buy from bacharach it would cost you much while you can find it on ebay less than $8.

Quote Originally Posted by anacdoctor View Post
    I am still now using my H-10 and would never use anything else.
    how about on 410A? still your h-10?

dogboy

http://www.inficonrefrigeration.com/...tor/index.html

We use these in the shop. They will actually detect down to .01 oz a year. Of course they cost 10 grand a pop and can't be used for prolonged periods in the sun, and they suck to move around so probably not really relevant to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post

We use these in the shop. They will actually detect down to .01 oz a year. Of course they cost 10 grand a pop and can't be used for prolonged periods in the sun, and they suck to move around so probably not really relevant to the discussion.
    You are right, not relevant to the conversation.....So why post????

If I find a link I will post can't remember where I bought mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    You are right, not relevant to the conversation.....So why post????
    Mainly because I was bored, and they are very nice leak detectors.

Mainly because I was bored, and they are very nice leak detectors.
    Reminds me of last year when I went on a couple of factory tours of HVAC equipment.
    On the assembly line of AC and HP units... all but one factory used hand-held leak detectors.... the stuff we buy at the supply house... checking the unit while it traveled down the assembly line with fans blowing to keep the employees cool...
    That one factory which stood out: they had a plexiglass enclosure with curtain doors. The unit went in there and stopped. They had a Hewlett Packard Gas Cronometer.... a $25K Chemistry lab piece of equipment around 2 cubic feet size... with a wand on a hose. And yes, it is probably at least 100 times more sensitive than one of the $295 hand-helds. The co was truly OCD about NOT letting any equipment go out the door with refrigerant leaking.
    BTW: The co is AlliedAir ( www.alliedair.com )
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I know some don't like it for 410a but it has yet to fail me with 22 or 410a. It is the only leak detector for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Reminds me of last year when I went on a couple of factory tours of HVAC equipment.
    On the assembly line of AC and HP units... all but one factory used hand-held leak detectors.... the stuff we buy at the supply house... checking the unit while it traveled down the assembly line with fans blowing to keep the employees cool...
    That one factory which stood out: they had a plexiglass enclosure with curtain doors. The unit went in there and stopped. They had a Hewlett Packard Gas Cronometer.... a $25K Chemistry lab piece of equipment around 2 cubic feet size... with a wand on a hose. And yes, it is probably at least 100 times more sensitive than one of the $295 hand-helds. The co was truly OCD about NOT letting any equipment go out the door with refrigerant leaking.
    BTW: The co is AlliedAir ( www.alliedair.com )
    Yup our company used to use handheld leak detects but where getting a high volume of package unit being dry on arrival. We switched to these maybe 4-6 years ago there about. These do a great job of isolating leaks. You can put them into a cloud of refrigerant and the wand will measure across two ports to determine if you are near a leak or just in a cloud of gas. Yeah, companies should be OCD about leaks. Nothing like being on tap for 200+ pounds of refer from a 60ton RTU.

Yup our company used to use handheld leak detects but where getting a high volume of package unit being dry on arrival. We switched to these maybe 4-6 years ago there about. These do a great job of isolating leaks. You can put them into a cloud of refrigerant and the wand will measure across two ports to determine if you are near a leak or just in a cloud of gas. Yeah, companies should be OCD about leaks. Nothing like being on tap for 200+ pounds of refer from a 60ton RTU.
    200# of juice in a 60T RTU...

Reminds me of a chemistry lab I used to do service for... they had two 50T Trane's on the roof... Each had 2 compressors the size of 20-gal trash cans... Manufacture date was 1989, used R-22. I say past tense... they were replaced a while back.
    I can imagine the cost to re-charge that beast...

Something else AlliedAir does... which I did not see at other factories: They have a cardboard punch-out hole (cut, not punched out) strategically placed in the lower side of boxes holding AC's and HP's. A guy randomly goes around the warehouse with a hand-held leak detector (yes, they used an H-10) and probes boxes. Now here is the cool part: EVERY box that goes out the warehouse door gets probed... NO exceptions. And given the warehouse is 250,000 ft... and they only make AC, HP, and small package units at this plant... that is a LOT of boxes to probe.
    Seems AlliedAir is a lot more concerned with no leaks than, say, Goodman... which was the factory with a hand-held--on a moving assembly line--with a fan blowing on the worker.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Something else AlliedAir does... which I did not see at other factories: They have a cardboard punch-out hole (cut, not punched out) strategically placed in the lower side of boxes holding AC's and HP's. A guy randomly goes around the warehouse with a hand-held leak detector (yes, they used an H-10) and probes boxes. Now here is the cool part: EVERY box that goes out the warehouse door gets probed... NO exceptions. And given the warehouse is 250,000 ft... and they only make AC, HP, and small package units at this plant... that is a LOT of boxes to probe.
    Seems AlliedAir is a lot more concerned with no leaks than, say, Goodman... which was the factory with a hand-held--on a moving assembly line--with a fan blowing on the worker.
    I like to see good quality control but I have just never really cared much for the step children of Lennox. All the Armstrong and Concords around here seem to give alot of trouble and I despise Ducane. But, they do know good quality - They're using an H10!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast