Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah... I have been around since 2005... spend WAAAAY too much time in ARP...

Where you been? Busy... or vacation from the mess?

I dropped my faithful H-10 I had for almost a decade... the circuit board cracked. Bought a new one last year and bought a used 120V unit (smaller pack case) also.

Since I only do resi... chasing a leak is usually about a 10 min effort.

IMO the key to taking care of the H-10PM battery is to keep it charged. Do not let it run down... charge it regularly whether you used it or not. I used to be more careful with mine... then I got lazy and let it go all fall/winter w/out charging... usually messed the battery up pretty bad. Now I just get a new batt every spring. Might fiddle with patching in a LI power tool batt sometime... just to see if it will work. Would be cool to have a socket in the tray and plug in a large version of an M-12...

Congrats on taking the BCA championship from NotreDame... good game!
    Yea. Extremely busy. No vacation for me. Good game?? Na, I don't know about that -(Forrest Gump quote). Notre Dame sucked. I notice you have about 15,500 more posts than me. I need some of your time. . I know weather hasn't been right here in the SE for us to make real money, but I've still been busy. Good to talk to you again. Thanks for the info, too.

H10 pm has adapter to be 115v I have it. If it dies you can plug up. I also bought the d tek select , I am not impressed with it.

Looks like the H10 is winning

I love and use my h10g but it sucks when using on 410a. for 22 hands down the best. Everybody complains about power for tools but I have used these for over 20 years and no extension cords for me.

http://www.getzebra.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZD002

dogboy

Quote Originally Posted by DOGBOY View Post
    I love and use my h10g but it sucks when using on 410a. for 22 hands down the best. Everybody complains about power for tools but I have used these for over 20 years and no extension cords for me.

http://www.getzebra.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZD002

dogboy
    Ahhh.... a 'widow maker'...

Been using one for recovery and vacuum for years. Just be sure you are not standing in water... and the OSHA folks are not watching...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Ahhh.... a 'widow maker'...

Been using one for recovery and vacuum for years. Just be sure you are not standing in water... and the OSHA folks are not watching...
    I had a tech with me one time 3+ years exp. and I asked do you know how to hook this up (for my h10g which is 120v) and he said yes so I crawled under the house and when he turned on the detector it made a noise that i never heard before. I came out from under the house yanked the cord then unplugged the detector and had him hook the plug up again. I said what voltage is this detector and he said 120 i daid how do you have the cheater hooked up. he said 120. i said on a condensing unit whit to black is 240 black or white to ground is 120. he then said oh. he did buy me a new leak detector though.

Yeah... Now with the new elec code... some houses do not have neutral and ground at the disconnect... only a ground (which will not work as a neutral for 120V). Thankfully on newer houses a GFO outlet is supposed to be by the outdoor equipment.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

hahahaha just have to quick reply. I saw "Has anybody found anything that can beat an H" on the list and of course I started thinking: hammer, shovel, crowbar, my purse with a brick in it.

I have a DTEK Select, and I am not too impressed with it either. My father has a TIF XP-1A, I borrowed it and used it for a while and I think that the TIF works better than the DTEK for sure. No experience with the TIF ZX or the H10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I have a DTEK Select, and I am not too impressed with it either. My father has a TIF XP-1A, I borrowed it and used it for a while and I think that the TIF works better than the DTEK for sure. No experience with the TIF ZX or the H10.
    My father owns an automotive A/C repair workshop and he used multiple electronic leak detectors. He was mostly impressed with D-tek select so far and then TIFZX and TIF XP-1A. The H10pm was like the first leak detector he used but need service and sensor replacement so he doesn't use it for now.

Yeah... Now with the new elec code... some houses do not have neutral and ground at the disconnect... only a ground (which will not work as a neutral for 120V). Thankfully on newer houses a GFO outlet is supposed to be by the outdoor equipment.
    I just made my own cord from an old extension cord. Use it all the time. Not sure I understand what you mean about the disconnects not having a neutral. I use one leg and the ground for my cord. I have never seen a 240 disconnect with a neutral in it around here. Besides that, (around here) the neutrals and ground are bonded at the main panel anyway. So, essentially you are hooking to neutral as well as ground in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    I just made my own cord from an old extension cord. Use it all the time. Not sure I understand what you mean about the disconnects not having a neutral. I use one leg and the ground for my cord. I have never seen a 240 disconnect with a neutral in it around here. Besides that, (around here) the neutrals and ground are bonded at the main panel anyway. So, essentially you are hooking to neutral as well as ground in that case.
    New elec code (sometime in the last decade... like 2003-4-5 etc) split the ground and neutral to separate bus-bars in the breaker-box. The line coming from the pole to the meter-box has 2 hots and a neutral. The line from the meter-box to the breaker-box has 2 hots, a neutral and a ground. Ground rod is at the meter-box. If they are split... then no neutral for 120V off a disconnect.

You will only see this on newer houses.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I like the Tif-zx1, wouldn't buy anything made by infi-junk, nothing comes closer to the H10 although I dont like the battery operated ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast