Wyoming goes against Feds
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,497

    Wyoming goes against Feds

    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    I dont know how well this will hold up but it is nice to see states trying to retain their rights rather than just surrendering to the federal machine

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,357
    Only one little thing standing in those backwoods rednecks way.....and that the constitution of the united states.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

    Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

    He actually said that

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,766
    In my 60 years... I have seen at least 3 times the Fed govt tried to railroad the states (illegal under the Constitution)...
    Each time the States pushed back and the Fed govt had to give in (as the Constitution specifies they MUST)... See the 10th amendment above.

    IMO it is just human nature to lust for power... and there has to be someone to draw a line in the sand and tell the luster to back off.
    Our country seems to work better when there are lots of 'line drawers' in the states... and the Feds are kept 'corralled'.

    The great state of GA tends to watch these things carefully and jumps on the wagon when the movement has momentum. I expect GA will be on board in a few weeks if, say, 12-15 states step out.

    Personally... I would like to see BHO and his crowd become the laughing stock of the world over this...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In my 60 years... I have seen at least 3 times the Fed govt tried to railroad the states (illegal under the Constitution)...
    Each time the States pushed back and the Fed govt had to give in (as the Constitution specifies they MUST)... See the 10th amendment above.

    IMO it is just human nature to lust for power... and there has to be someone to draw a line in the sand and tell the luster to back off.
    Our country seems to work better when there are lots of 'line drawers' in the states... and the Feds are kept 'corralled'.

    The great state of GA tends to watch these things carefully and jumps on the wagon when the movement has momentum. I expect GA will be on board in a few weeks if, say, 12-15 states step out.

    Personally... I would like to see BHO and his crowd become the laughing stock of the world over this...
    First time I read you refer yourself as a great state. First referring to yourself in the third person, next lofting yourself up to state level, what is next the Royal, 'We'?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    First time I read you refer yourself as a great state. First referring to yourself in the third person, next lofting yourself up to state level, what is next the Royal, 'We'?
    GA is the USa postal abbreviation for Georgia.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Only one little thing standing in those backwoods rednecks way.....and that the constitution of the united states.
    Perhaps you should read the Constitution there corny instead of reading what the press, the Democrates and the communist majority on the Supreme Court says it stands for. Then you might understand the true meaning of the Constitution. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in my lumpy chair
    Posts
    1,947
    Nice to know they are standing up for the people in their state
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,766
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    First time I read you refer yourself as a great state. First referring to yourself in the third person, next lofting yourself up to state level, what is next the Royal, 'We'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    GA is the USa postal abbreviation for Georgia.
    Gonna have to pick at you Printer... your comment is not one from someone who is learned... rather someone who is proud and taking shots at others.

    Now if you want to talk about folks who see themselves as royalty... just observe the behavior and attitude of our elected POTUS... this guy totally thinks of himself as the king of America.

    The TRULY learned would have known or at least researched before tasting their shoe leather. And I am sure you are smart enough to sort out between a true patriot and a selfish wanna be king.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Only one little thing standing in those backwoods rednecks way.....and that the constitution of the united states.
    Nothing like showing us who you really are. Unbiased, open minded, non-judgemental, without any stereotypes getting in your way of clear thinking, and completely brainwashed. Nice to meet ya.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,711
    Well at least it is a state large and empty enough to have all the hard core folks move in without being crowded.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Gonna have to pick at you Printer... your comment is not one from someone who is learned... rather someone who is proud and taking shots at others.

    Now if you want to talk about folks who see themselves as royalty... just observe the behavior and attitude of our elected POTUS... this guy totally thinks of himself as the king of America.

    The TRULY learned would have known or at least researched before tasting their shoe leather. And I am sure you are smart enough to sort out between a true patriot and a selfish wanna be king.
    Still curious why you refer to yourself in the third person (illeism) as your handle on an HvAC forum.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,766
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Still curious why you refer to yourself in the third person (illeism) as your handle on an HvAC forum.
    Ask Twilly the same question... when he answers... maybe I will...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event