copeland 4D TSK Leaking

I was using my Tiff to inspect for leaks since this compressor is just covered in dust, dirt and oil. I found the end bell red hot for leaks, but I also found the head gaskets, oil pan, suction gasket, and wire termination gaskets leaking. Is this a common because I have never seen one leaking like this. I going to have to replace essentially every gasket. Its a 30 LBS system I'm trying to determine the time it takes to tear one down that is this bad and that it will hold together after I'm done. It meg's out ok and seems to run good valves are in good shape. I was going to hopefully get approval for oil replacement, new R-22 and HH Core driers... any advice would be great, thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Start with cleaning that mess up!

My h-10 wouldn't go near that $h#t

Ok I have to go back possibly later today to finish the PM, I used a wire brush in the areas I checked to get dirt and oil off so I can get an accurate reading. I took the pics before I cleaned it off. I did try bubbles but seemed to make more of a mess then anything else with all that mess. The heads were to hot the bubbles just boiled and Rolled off.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteside2831 View Post
    Ok I have to go back possibly later today to finish the PM, I used a wire brush in the areas I checked to get dirt and oil off so I can get an accurate reading. I took the pics before I cleaned it off. I did try bubbles but seemed to make more of a mess then anything else with all that mess. The heads were to hot the bubbles just boiled and Rolled off.
    I have seen a LOT of compressors with 'weeps' like that.

Unless they're bubbling, I don't see you losing enough refrigerant through that to get worried about.

If you're really an excitable sort, try this. Find and download Copeland's torque specifications and go over that compressor with a torque wrench. Loosen each bolt, in turn, then torque it down to specifications.

You'd be surprised how much you'll have to turn some of them.