Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gross kitchen

Another good one. Drawer unit freezing up. Go out defrost start up and check ops. No fault found. Everything is as it should be. 2 days later same thing. This continues for a couple weeks, 5 or 6 trips. Mgr has been told every time to keep drawers closed. I'm assured they are. Last trip I come in back door up the little hall and stop dead in my tracks and go to mgrs office. Come with me I say. We go to the corner I I say look around this corner. He does and TA DA. 300 lb cook has top drawer open with his big sweaty a$$ planted on the sirloins. He was hot. Sign here and yes you will be billed for every trip I've made out here. Keep the drawers closed!!!

Seems to me the the owners (management)themselves are the problem. Once the place closes down for the night they want their employees out of the store quickly to avoid paying them extra. When in reality the employees should be spending an additional 2 hrs cleaning before they go home.

I don't usually eat out, for obvious reasons. I went to a trouble call for a chicken chain, the name isn't important. The sifter motor was down. The connection box on the motor was so packed with dead roaches that it had caused a short. I had never before ever even wondered if bugs could conduct electricity. I cleared it out, and changed the burnt power cord. When the machine started roaches fled the machine in millions. They were everywhere for a minute or so, while they found new homes. They had to clean the masses of roaches that shot out of the machine dead, and there was a lot of them. I can't imagine how that machine had run so long as it was.

Sometimes I wonder why Chinese places even have coolers, I will go to work at one and they just let chicken sit out all day even when they have a working cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by refrepairman View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why Chinese places even have coolers, I will go to work at one and they just let chicken sit out all day even when they have a working cooler.

I used to do work at a chinese restaurant. No a/c in the kitchen, only in the dining area. Every time I'd go there during the summer, there would be a guy sitting at the back door of the kitchen. Door open and he's peeling shrimp with flies surrounding him because the dumpster was right outside the door. I t would get upwards of 110-120 degrees in the kitchen and none of the equipment worked right. All the coils covered in peanut oil which is next to impossible to clean. One of the cooks impressed me though. He could flip stirfry around in a wok while smoking with an entire cigarrettes length of ash hanging off the filter without the ash dropping into the wok(at least I never saw it drop)
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Chinese restaurant in the center of the big city - WIC down - condenser located on roof. Went to roof to find cages spread out with bird seed in them.

They would trap pigeons, snap the heads off, de-feather and cook them. They were on the buffet as chicken.

I have seen many bad houses when I did appliance work. fridges stuck to floor with roach crap. If you want to know the realy dirty places make friends with the terminex man the one that came by our shop would tell us all the places not to reat around town. A pizza place rased dogs in the back room or the pizza place.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Chinese restaurants are the filthiest places on earth.
    I have to agree with you there. IMO by far the worst, and the most difficult to communicate with, once you wake them up in back or in a booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_1963 View Post
    Chinese restaurant in the center of the big city - WIC down - condenser located on roof. Went to roof to find cages spread out with bird seed in them.

They would trap pigeons, snap the heads off, de-feather and cook them. They were on the buffet as chicken.
    MMMMMMM sheweet and soua shicken.

Quote Originally Posted by coolerguy View Post
    MMMMMMM sheweet and soua shicken.
    YOUUUU want flied lice wit dat????

flied lice ok. ok. u pic up 10 minute

Here's one from one of those gross kitchen's that i went to yesterday! Told the guy i wouldn't even touch it until the condensor was cleaned. Besides it'll probably work great after it's cleaned. Went outside and grabbed my floor jack and casters. Rolled it to the nearest mop sink and grabbed the strongest coil cleaner i had and hosed it in place. Rolled it back in place and dropped it onto it's legs and told him to plug it in tomorrow and call me if it doesn't work. I haven't heard from him yet. He's lucky it's not a 134a system with cap tube!!! Had to hit the time clock too! Just in case i had touch it in the future!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Worked at a Chinese restaurant. Had my hand on the next prep line cooler for balance while I worked on another one. Went to get up and could not get my hand unstuck due to the grease and stuff.

Opened up ice machine at Japanese sandwhich shop and found green, black and orange mold floating and growing all over the ice plate! Excused myself and never came back. Made me sick just to look at it. The owner just stood there and never said a word.

Ladies house early in the morning. She eating a bowl of cereal. Felt something looking at me while talking to here. Turned to my left, looked on top of the refrigeration and there lies a dead cat...and dead for a while...but it was still looking at me.

Called to work on an ice machine at one of the local "old fashion food" dinners here. Something funny smelling and odd colors in the ice bin. Followed the drain out the bottom, into a garden hose, into a crawl space where someone had mechanically connect the garden hose into the main sewer line next to the bathrooms. No trap, no air space. The sewer gases were coming up into the ice bin. Been that way for a long time.

Went to a failed restaurant to take back the refrigeration equipment. Reached inside of the cola despenser to remove the soda lines and my arm went crazy with what felt like a million pin pricks. Pulled my arm out and had a least a million bugs, cockroaches running around. Slung my arm and bugs were flying all over. Grown workmen screaming and crying to get away as the bugs were hitting them all over. Bunch of sissies.
    if these stories are real...unbelievable. just disgusting

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast